Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Noob Dreads <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

princenoobsauces dreads that u said were baddass and so well maintained are natural neglect and just kept clean using the bars fropm www.dreadlockshampoo.com that his stepmom makes thats why they are so long and healthy

if you had them felted the parts they felted wont last and will fall off eventualy they are mangled complete utterdestruction

the pics in that salons gallery are a joke ..hilarius

but tragic at the same time yea u want to laugh at how rediculoius they look till u think those are real people who thought they were getting drfeal dreads none of them will last if they keep going back

there is no worse method then felting

the average intact hair length is now like 1/2 an inch making them extremely weak

luckily your not felting any more so once they dread and actualy dread the ends can fall off and you'll hve healthy natural dreads despite what u thought u wanted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:29:15AM
ChelseaBuns
@chelseabuns
12 years ago
18 posts

hahah I did look! At them time, I just thought that dreads had to be started this way. Thankfully mine turned out really nice. I guess I got lucky.

Some look better than others in that gallery, but yeah I thought all dreads were supposed to look weird at first. It was so painful too.

I know you say felting is horrible, but my hair isn't damaged at all. I could brush them out if I wanted to and have next to no breakage. Maybe some people do damage when felting... not mine though

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

feltin g only works by damaging it chops the hair up into tiny peices anf masg-=hes them together that is what felting is

your hairs held together by the ri=ohgghedup edges if you yank on them hard enough they will come off

in fact any pulling in them will loosen that grip that the riughened dges has and they will slowly start to dangle by fewer and fewer hairs

theres no way to repair that damage either

you can just hope they survive long enough to get that healthy new growth before the ebds do fall off

im surprised u havent seen signs already

just be veey gentle with them till they grow more by this time next year u will have some heakthy new dreads and only the ends will be damaged

--
ChelseaBuns
@chelseabuns
12 years ago
18 posts

I'm telling you, you've got to believe me man... The way they do it is different. They do not break your hair. She said it was like felting but different. It's a very small crochet hook and she takes hairs and tangles them. She knots them with the hook.

If I wanted to I could brush them out and still have a good amount of length. It would take a long time to brush out obvi.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

then it was cro09cheting not felting wich does breal=k a ti[on of hairs but not nearly as severely as felting felting uses a felting needle not crochet hook

i guerantee that youd lose 1/2 your haor if u comb em out crochet is very damaging but not nearly as severe as felting

youd have to crochet every day for months to equal the damage of felting once

but crochet damage if you kept crocheting could get as severe as felting

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

with crochet the damge is an unfortunate result of the method

with felting the damage is the intended result of the method

when crocheting some salon s do try to be very gentle and minimize the damage ..which might make it less severe but still pretty damaged

most salons tho just stab away as quickly as they can not careful at all just in a rush to get it done

felting the needles extremely sharp with sharp barbs that tear tghe hair to peices

and that is the sole purpose

the hair no longer has a knotted matted texturee but felted

felted i s soft fuzzy even cause every hairs been chopped up and mashed in to a fekt texture which is extremely weak

--
ChelseaBuns
@chelseabuns
12 years ago
18 posts

True say!

Well, I'll take it from you man. Thankfully I haven't hooked them since!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they are naturalizing nicely and recovering they lose=t alot of that harsh crochetted look already wich usualy takes longer

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form