@richelle
12 years ago
7 posts

Very pretty! Love the beads.

Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

I love the beads! What method are you using?

ChelseaBuns
@chelseabuns
12 years ago
18 posts

Hey, thanks guys!

I got these done at a really good salon in Toronto. They don't use wax to make them, however, they tell you to use it afterwards to prevent fly away and such... I listened to them and used it, thankfully only a few times. I was able to get the wax out by using 'wax-be-gone'

Now I just leave them be. They're dreading beautifully. I keep them clean... keeping them clean makes sense to me because oil would prevent dreading, would it not? Dryness makes for good knotting. So yeah, I'm keeping them washed, not using conditioner really. They're knotting up nicely.

If I wanted them neater, I use aloe gel, and sometimes a little bit of hairspray.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

if they recomend u use wax after i wouldnt call them a good salon at all what method was used?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think they look great! Good thing you found this site before you ended up with narsty breakouts from wax and mega build up in your locks.

ChelseaBuns
@chelseabuns
12 years ago
18 posts

Yeah, I know you guys usually assume that dread salons are shite... But this one is actually really good. They do 'felting' but it's not in the way you guys are saying with breakage of hairs and such. They just arrange the hairs so they knot faster.

knotjustdreads.com

I got them done here... The only thing is, they're ultra expensive. However, it took the girl 8 hours to do them, so I would be charging ppl that amount as well, lot's of work. I didn't want to do the twist and rip, or just neglect. This started them out nicely organized, looking nice. I didn't have them fall apart or anything like that. Just personal preference. I have the money to do it, so I chose to spent it. They are looking fantastic these days.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

felting is the absolutely worse method and just look at the gallery yea they are horrible i would never pay them a cent in faxct if they ever toucvhed my fdreads id sue them

look at the gallery those are absolutely horrible!

dreads should never look like that

why didnt you look at the gallery 1st?

they are scary

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

you think this is a good salon?

seriusly?

they are as bad or worse then most