Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

have i done the right thing?

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

I've had my dreads for 4 months now started with backcomb and crochet and never croched them again. because i done them myself the sectioning at the back was all messed up and i had some super huge dreads which where great but very scalpy, but after a while i started to get really self conscious and I've asked on here before if it was a good idea to split them or whatever but i decided to leave them be.

I have just took out about 10 dreads including all of my big ones. I have left in about 20 small ones which are getting along brilliant and looping and i just love them but i want to leave the dreads that I've combed out to go natural like just leave the hair be so it can form its own dreads.

my head feels so much better already and i wish i done it when i first started feeling like this like in the first month or something but have i done the right thing? I'm scared that all of my loose hair (there is a lot of it) will just stay like this or just get sucked into my other smaller dreads so il end up with huge ones again.

Also i dont know much about natural dreads so do i just leave this hair be and not touch it apart from when washing?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated :)

updated by @harriet: 01/13/15 09:31:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it probly would have been best to do it eaqrlier but its done now so cary on

well just let it be to dread extcept you should seperate em as needd so they dont become big dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

I have a large section on the back of my head that i left to neglect. I didn't do it on purpose really. I just never got around to doing them. I was traveling and very busy. The last thing i was worried about was my hair. I noticed that it started to section by itself and i just keep those sections apart. That was over 4 years ago. and it is very hard to tell which dreads were neglect and which were not.The hair will section by itself. Just keep them separated. Don't run your fingers thru...or you will undo progress. Simple as that :)

I have a friend that wanted me to TnR her hair. I did the bottom section but convinced her to leave the whole top of her head to go neglect. They are only about 3 or 4 months old but are looking great! I separate them for her about once every week or 2 and she is so very happy. We went to the gathering together this year...I was hoping SE would see them.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form