Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Using towels to dread

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

So, two nights ago I went to a friends house to keep her company since she doesn't like being alone at night. She had no clean pillowcases, so she put a huge towel on my pillow, and I slept on that.

The next morning, my hair was wild. Really wild. It's been 11 months for me, and I've only had like 5 loops, and that was it. Now each and every one of them has loops, and the older ones have changed and developed greatly.

My hair has, in one night of sleeping on a towel, done more than it did during 11 months of sleeping on a wool pillowcase.

I have done the same towel thing last night, and they have changed some more.

I thought I'd share this with you all, for it might actually help someone.

updated by @rainbow-fortune: 01/13/15 09:30:53PM
Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

What kind of towel? Made out of what?

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Oh really?! I wonder if that would help my head too!! Thankss!! (:

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Regular cotton ones. I really don't get how it helps, but it did the trick for me. :D

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

MamaKittyLove, let me know how it went.

I'm kinda wondering if I really 'discovered' something, or it was just a coincidence. :D

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I will for sure! I'll be putting a towel on my pillow tonight (:

Rainbow Fortune said:

MamaKittyLove, let me know how it went.

I'm kinda wondering if I really 'discovered' something, or it was just a coincidence. :D

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts

I wonder if its because as you move in your sleep your hair actually scrapes against the little loops in the towel? Maybe it generates a little static electricity that almost works like a hair teaser? Or maybe i have no idea what the fuck im talking about!!!!!LOL

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Haha... Could be. But I think cotton is neutral, that is, does not create static electricity.

It could be useful because of it's texture.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i'd be worried about all the lint that would get stuck in my dreads. i find sleeping on a flannel pillow case to be just as effective as wool without the red, irritated face the next morning. i recently switched to a regular cotton pillow case though because my dreads are feeling way to scratchy for my liking.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form