dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

two tailed dread?

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Hi all

So i have this dread. its one of my fav's as it is chunky compared to some of my others. up near the root its knotted real good. but from the tip upwards its started to obviously separate.

my questions are:

is this due to the fact i used a little backcombing to start out?

Is it advisable to just whack a bead on it and hope they grow back together or is my hair saying it wants to do something else?

oh heres a pic so you can see what i mean.

updated by @christina-popejoy: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
I'm not sure about the back combing thing, but I would say if you want them to be one bead it or separate them all together. I ve never had any split but I have had some that I wanted to come together and I just beaded them together at the center to help coax them together
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

thats a congo 2 dreads joined as 1

they join at the roots theres no nreed to bead it its already as together as it will ever be

now if it was the oposite 1 tip splitting at the roots thats caused by forced sectioning when u force it to be 1 dread and it wants to be 2 or more

your cpnf=go is joined at least 3 inches there u couldnt seperate that if u wanted to

its ben congoed fora god 6 mi=onths already

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts
Awesome!! Thanks for your replies. I'm just gonna leave it do its thing! I take that as a super compliment SE as only been dreading just over 3 mnths. I've noticed some mad progress in the last week or so. Your definitely right though its pretty solid up there, I mean I was worried if I did have to separate as o knew that would hurt a heck of lot!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

was judging by the length of the fused part but if it hasnt shrunk alot that makes sense

christina popejoy said:

Awesome!! Thanks for your replies. I'm just gonna leave it do its thing! I take that as a super compliment SE as only been dreading just over 3 mnths. I've noticed some mad progress in the last week or so. Your definitely right though its pretty solid up there, I mean I was worried if I did have to separate as o knew that would hurt a heck of lot!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form