Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help?!might need to brush dreads out!

Breana
@breana
12 years ago
19 posts
So, offered a job at burger king, start Friday full time, very needed. If i brush my dreads out. I really need it. If she can make it 100% thing I will brush out my dreads. Very heart breaking, jut the thought makes me choke up. But I need tips on how to make it easier to brush them out. Or weasel my way with them.
updated by @breana: 02/14/15 07:28:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1 they cannot make u bri=ush them out

stand up for yoir rights

2 its burger king its not worth losu[ing yoir dreads over burger king is as bad as working in the sewer..its a real disgusting shit job

the worse job you wu=ill ever have they should beg you to work there

do not comb out your dreads for such a horible job no matter how desperate you are

you could literaly make more monety wandering the strewts looking for lost change..picki g up pennies would be more proffitable and less disgusting

on the plus side working there fir 1 single day will make u want to go vegatarian

just seeing how gross the burgers are the barrels of fart that comes off them seeing the workers plat=]y burtger hockey..kicking the frozen patties around the disgusting floor then cooking them and serving them..it really is the grossest job you will ever have

and youd comb out yoir dreads for that?

you could have an iq under 6 and theyd hire you

nobody wants to work there that badly

as long as you dont drop your pants and empty yoir bowels on the interviewers lap during the interview they will give u the job and u absolutely will not have to comb out yoir dreads

if they even dare ask you about your dreads just look them in the eye and say you know its ilegal descrimination to even ask me about my dreads, if i came in wearing a yamika or burka would you dare ask me about them?

dont let them push you around fir a horible job nobody over 14 would ever want to do

burber kings the kinda job you do for a few months when your 14-q5 to get a lil money to go to the movies on the weekend thats all its good for cause u sure wont make enough to live on

and after a few months u leave fir a better job cleaning gas station bathrooms

ive worked in a dog food factory that smelled so bad u could smell it a mile away..literaly and woth rotting meat piled to the ceiling (20 or 30 feet high ceilings too) that wasnt nearly as disgusting as burger king was

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

Can you not just make yourself look the part by wearing a scarf or bandana? It would be a real shame to lose your dreads x

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

burger king sucks ass. and what SE said, exercise those constitutional rights

Dee Dee
@dee-dee
12 years ago
51 posts
I work at a resturaunt as well, O'charleys to be exact no offence but its a much nicer place than bk. They tolerate my locks as long as I keep them up or "presentable" I live in the BUCKLE of the bible belt stand up for your rights girlie!
Dee Dee
@dee-dee
12 years ago
51 posts
P.s. I STILL DO NO MAINTENANCE!
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I worked at a McDonalds when I was 15-18. It sucked, but was actually a lot of fun because of the coworkers. I had mohawks and piercings and they never aid a word about them. granted this was rigth outside of Philadelphia, so they were a bit more tolerant.

But if you are growing your locks for any type of spiritual reason, NO employer is allowed to make a remark about your locks. They can't refuse to hire you because of them, and they can't fire you because of them.

That said, they might just not tell you that that is the reason. I don't know how it is there, but in Pa, the laws state that you can be fired for any reason they want, and it's up to YOU to prove that it was wrong. So before you take the job, feel out the boss. If they seem like the type to be petty and will try to make your life miserable so you quit, don't take the job. You can always try to do something you love. Make cute artsy things and sell them on ETSY, or find other ways to make money. But BK is not your only option. I know it seems like it will be steady money, but you have to ask yourself if it's worth selling yourself short for 7.50 an hour.

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts

Lol SE you REALLY hate BK huh? I personally don't touch any fast food, but if you REALLY need that job, tell them you would be happy to keep them presentable and just toss a few thick headbands on them. I wouldn't get rid of my dreads if you paid me. Walmart seems a little more lax on the dread issue and depending on how clean and tidy you can make them at an interview, you will def still get a job at lots of places.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Wait, you wont touch fast food, but you'd work at a Walmart?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I have almost a full jar of it. I bought it to help my baby locks along to look a bit neater for my wedding, but that's over. If you want it, it's yours

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form