Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

fine, thin, caucasian hair :/

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
I decided today that I'm finally going to have dreads. I've wanted them since I can remember, but as a minor my mom would force me to brush my hair and said that dreads were gross. Now I'm grown and married with 2 kids anf it's my decision what I do with my own hair and I'm finally going for it :) Thing is, I'm white and I have very fine, thin hair. It's so soft and silky idk if it will actually dread on its own. I know 2 ppl with silky hair that did dreads, one used wax and has dread rot, the other used rubber bands and her dreads fell out. I don't think they are the best to get advice from... Any advice? Anyone have the same hair type as me? I don't know if I should add beads this early, I don't know if I shoulf wash it with bar soap like my friend said (hers fell out), I just worry about all the tips I get cuz of my hair type :/
updated by @necia-stoll: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it will dread fine as long as its not oily wash with the baking soda recipie at 1st and sea salt in a couple weeks it will section itself then start to dread

and yea rubber bands and wax are bad ideas

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
Thanks! So I should dry it out to make it dread?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it s not nesacary but helps just use sea salt sprays or soaks weekly about

--
Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
I washed with baking soda like you said and it's already starting to separate :) thanks so much!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1 thing about oily hair is it tends to be too acidic baking soda is pretty alkaline acv acidic thats why b s and acv go together to ballance it out in the hairs natural range, but if yoir oily by nature u can shock treate it to make it alkaline temporarily till its less oily (oily hair also over produces oils when u strip ou]=ils daily so washing 1 or 2 or 3 days lessoften will make u less oily slowly)

once your lil less oily tho u want to nutralize the alkalinity with the acv rinse to bring it back into ballance

--
Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
So how much oil I produce will change over time?
Heidi Wright
@heidi-wright
12 years ago
9 posts

Yes, will actually change VERY quickly. My hair sounds just like yours, very thin and baby fine. I started off with T&R and it has been doing its own thing since then. It unknots, then reknots. Before I started I cut out conditioner and used my regular shampoo for a couple weeks to prepare, then I started with the BS wash. I haven't done the ACV yet, but will the next wash. My hair has not gotten oily since I've started the BS wash. I also did a salt water spray a couple hours before I washed my hair. I think the benefit to our type of hair is that it really does knot. Remember all those knots your hair got from washing? Yea, we WANT those now!!

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
I have the sane hair type and I went the natural route and my hair dreaded wonderfully
Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

was good to read this! my hair is the same way, so when i can finally start my journey, there is hope!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form