Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Alaffia, Now that the stuff!

Nick Sig
@nick-sig
12 years ago
17 posts

Welp i just wanted to share with everyone what did the trick for me. I have had my dreads for only about 4 months now and for the first three or so i feel like i have tried everything to get rid of my dandruff. I even ended up going to the dermatogilist who gave me some special shampoo. Nothing really seemed to do the trick as my head would itch so bad and even burn. I have never had dandruff like that before. The product i purchased was called ALAFFIA- Neem& Shea butter ScalpRecovery Shampoo. Within 2 washes with the product my dandruff and itches were practically all gone and havent had any problems since. Smells awesome and is a great product. I purchased the product at a Whole Foods but i am from the mid west. Heres a link for the product, so if there is anyone out there who has been having a horrible problem with dandruff and itches, deffinatly check this product out.
http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Neem-Shea-Scalp-Recovery-Shampoo-18p141.htm

updated by @nick-sig: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

Do you only use it on your scalp or your dreads too?? Just wondering what kind of residue build up it might leave. I've only had my dreads for about a month but I had dandruff issues before even doing them...I'd like to find something that will get rid of the dandruff but wont leave a residue build up

Light Faerie ~
@light-faerie
11 years ago
34 posts

Thank you Nick Sig. I might try this shampoo you speak of. I do have minor problems with dandruff which annoys me sometimes... Although I am also worried about the residue. How are your dreads feeling after the wash?

Denise Schenk said:

Do you only use it on your scalp or your dreads too?? Just wondering what kind of residue build up it might leave. I've only had my dreads for about a month but I had dandruff issues before even doing them...I'd like to find something that will get rid of the dandruff but wont leave a residue build up

Using rosemary with baking soda and other oils helps with dandruff. Doesn't completely get rid of it of course. Maybe if used for long enough?

Light Faerie ~
@light-faerie
11 years ago
34 posts

So I researched a bit on this shampoo.. it looks mostly all natural! I will seriously consider this. Thanks again.

http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Neem-Shea-Scalp-Recovery-Shampoo-18p141.htm

Nick Sig
@nick-sig
11 years ago
17 posts
I have never had any kind if problem with residue build up, still use this stuff and it works wonders!! Good luck to you guys!
Nick Sig
@nick-sig
11 years ago
17 posts
I love the way alaffia makes my dreads feel, you do not get that conditioning feel, and when my dreads start to dry they feel nice and tight.I always had horrible problems with dandruff until I started using this product. The weather tends to mess with my scalp everyone and then but check it out. Please let me know what you think!!
Nick Sig
@nick-sig
11 years ago
17 posts
And yes I do was my hair with them, eirly on I didn't and I would just wash my scalp and then use doctor bronners in the dread, but now I just use the alaffia.
Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

Cool, thanks maybe I'll try it then :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form