Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Curly dreads timeline

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
5 years ago
74 posts

So, my dreads are a year old now, I gave them a wash this morning and then took some snaps...

There are still some bits of hair that are not really dreaded at all, but those ones dont bother me. The ends are almost all loose, from there it doesnt even look like locs, just curls!

I am slightly concerned that a couple are really fat and loopy at the bottom, but thin at the root - I'm a bit worried about what is going to happen to those ones...

I'm thinking I should maybe get a couple of beads or wraps for some of the ones that are going a bit lumpy - it's hard to know what will happen if I just leave them, hmmmmm. I don't want them to be neat and uniform, but I also don't want them bottom heavy and very lumpy... and all the beads in my house are too small : /

updated by @rachel-nattydee: 07/23/15 04:26:00PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
5 years ago
2,730 posts

You could wrap them to kind of force them to tighten a bit. but remember. If they are fat from folding in on themselves, then there is just as much hair at the tip as there is a the root. There won't be a problem with them weighing more at the tips. So you don't have to worry about whether they root can support it. The only time you need to worry about that is when there is more hair in the lock than at the root. That only really happens when you tighten your roots and break hairs

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
5 years ago
74 posts

well I haven't done any tightening, overall the roots are thick and strong, it's just the odd one that is very uneven.

I might try and wrap one or two as an experiment. It's so hard to know what is going to happen next-especially as they have all dreaded in different ways.

Will beads smooth out the curls and make them straight? I quite like them curly and dont wanna mess with that.

Jaimie Nadeau
@jaimie-nadeau
5 years ago
11 posts

Damn, girl. Your locks are locking up so well!!

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
5 years ago
81 posts
First time I've seen curly locks like that. They are awesome. You look like a warrior princess lol
Tazz
@tazz
5 years ago
18 posts

Amazing. Love those curls.

Arlequine Mardoll
@arlequine-mardoll
5 years ago
12 posts

Your dreads are incredible, I fell in love with them at first sight !! You look amazing...

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
5 years ago
74 posts

Wow thank you so much! x

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
5 years ago
74 posts

1 year 2 months

updated by @rachel-nattydee: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
KnotLady