Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

introducing myself

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts

Hi guys... Ive been hanging around this site for a few months now but today i wanted to say hello. My name is Joey, im 35 and started my journey a month ago today. (hooray!!!) Well i have thin but really curly hair. My hair curled into springs abaou the width of my finger. I love wearing my hair long but with it being so curly it was allot of work. i had long hair for 10 years and reguraly wore it in braids just cause it would tangle like crazy. allways admired dreads but believed the myths that dreads were dirty and stinky. i cut my hair for my wedding and now five years later let it grow again ( i hate barbers). a few friends have dreads and i found the myth was wrong. i let my hair grow out a year and strated resarch as to what method i was gonna use. first was dreadheadhq but that seemed to much work and expensive. then some friends told me abaout loctitians who use crochet for instant dreads. i looked them up on facebook , and though the locks looked nice i really didnt like the tight roots (just looks fake). then i found you guys! thank God! I got one of my dreadlocked friends to section and t&r my hair just to kickstart and define the sections but after that just regular washing every 3rd day and separating. the process has been amazing fun. they all came loose the first week and washing them was scary but they somehow all pulled themselves back together and now they are all locked! i wiil admit all i use is dreadheadhq shampoo i bought at the early stages of my research but it seems to work great for me. I also use esential oils. i believe the hardest part is over for me which was my scalp adjusting. finnaly the itch and dandruff went away and i hope for smooth sailing here on. Although my hair doesnt exactly look like dreadsbecause of the way i still tends to curl, i know they are there because they are really knotted and i cant take them apart. and i still have the innitial 54 dreads i started with on day 1. So thanks for all the great advice,I'll be posting a time line very soon. you guys rock!

updated by @joey5: 01/13/15 09:26:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just a tip

dreadheadhq shampoo will cause itch and dandruff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts

heres a pic before and know

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts

yeah, it seems to overdry my scalp. ive been meaning to switch to bs.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

You hair looks great! I always wanted super curly hair because mine was in between curly and straight which was annoying growing up.

Anyhoo, welcome aboard... officially :P

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Update. I had to ditch the dhhq shampoo cause it was over drying my scalp and making me itch after tha wash. Now I'm Bs/acv
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it will do that oit will cause all sorts of scalp issues its toxic garbage

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Little Wing
@little-wing
12 years ago
41 posts

Also dreadheadhq made me itchy and also dandruff. I got used to that until I finished the bottle. The only thing is true is that I felt my dreads a bit tighter. Also been using another shampoo but I'm almost sure I'm starting having problems with mold or mildew. I'm about to switch to acv and baking soda as soon as I can find vinegar here.

So I think you are making a wise choice.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

They have 2 shampoos and 1 has SLS while the other has alcohol... bother are very drying.

Good luck with the change and throw some essential oils into the mix for maximum scalp health. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form