Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

scalp burning?

Nick Sig
@nick-sig
12 years ago
17 posts

So i started my dread journey about 2 months ago, when i startedi have very mild dandruff which wasent bad at all ever since i started my dread process my dandruff has been rediculas. I started with tgel which worked alright but i wanted to try something else, so i desided to use deliuted dr. bronners which got rid of the itching but did nothing for the dandruff. So i desided to buy the dreadlock shampoo bar with rosemary and tea tree. i believe i have washed my scalp with it about 4 or 5 times since i have bought it. My dandruff has not let up at all, if anything it has gotten worse and it seems as my head is more itchy tthen normal to the point where by scalp feels like its almost burning. When it is very hot out and im sweating my scalp burns. I wasent sure if this is normal and it takes time before the shampoo bar can take full effect or just not normal at all. and another thing is when i get out of the shower after using the bar my scalp kind of has the same burning effect but alot less mild almost soothing to an extent. if anyone could shed some light on what might possibly be going on that would amazing, because the dandruff and itchyness is almost unbarable at time.

Much Love, Thanks

updated by @nick-sig: 02/14/15 09:25:43AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

are u taking hot showers/ reduce the heat to luke warm and a cold rinse

are u scrubbing the scalp well enough tioo get any flakes off/

herbs do take a lil bu]ijkt to become effective but im thinking that your agrevating it with b=very hot water

also

check for lice just in case a severe itch/burning sensation sounds more like lice then dandruff

have u tried the baking sioda acv/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I always had dandruff issues prior to dreading but it has honestly lightened up since I started. I alternate between bs wash and bronners following an acv rinse. I mix lavender, tea tree and rosemary essential oils with my washes and I let them sit for a bit before I blast them with water.

Before chucking the Bronners out the window (since you said it helped with the itchy/burnies) try adding the above oils. Rosemary is really good for helping with dandruff and tee tree is a natural anesthetic.

Also, trying the bs could be good too.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats a possibility too and easily tsted

1st u want to scratch your wrist enough to see scratch marks maybe even a hint of blood scrape it with a needle or pinn

then wash it wth the soap and see if u get the same reaction

umm

question

do iu use aloe?

from a plant?

are you sure its aloe VERA NSD NOT ANOTHER ALOE VARIETY?

THERES AN ALOE THAT IS A SKIN IRITANT AND TOXIC THAT WILL MAKE YOUR SKIN FEEL LIKE ITS ON FIRE

Yogisunshine said:

myabe your allergic to the shampoo.

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Oh yes, a scratch test is always good. Especially if you are prone to being sensitive to things such as lotions or colognes, etc.

Nick Sig
@nick-sig
12 years ago
17 posts

i am almost positive its not lice because i have looked before but i have not tried anything yet besides what have talked about up above. i never use hot water on my head and when i rinse i always use ice cold water. but one thing i thought was wierd is when i get out of the shower which i do scrub my scalp pretty well, but when i get out i can already see my skin drying up and cracking right at my hair line. its like the dandruff starts as soon as my scalp is dry after the shower. and i did try scratching my wrist and using the shampoo, it was hard to tell because my wrist was already irratated but really dident feel like my scalp does after a shower

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

take a macro shot of your scalp

it could be a few diferent things that arent really dandruff

as an exac=ample cradle cap would be treatted with oils heavier oils

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Psoriasis maybe?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

definate possibility

Valrie said:

Psoriasis maybe?

--
Nick Sig
@nick-sig
12 years ago
17 posts

i actual dont have access to a better camrea for my scalp, i just like you guys are thinking thats its something more then just dandruff going on with my scalp because almost all of my friends that i have talked to about dreads have told me they had a little dandruff when they started but it went away but this seems to be severe.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form