dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Itchy Itchy Itchy Scalp ):

Emily Louise
@emily-louise
12 years ago
7 posts

Somebody help me,

My scalp is itching like crazy. I just started them 5 days ago, so I know I know... "my scalp is adjusting". But I've read on many sites not to wash them until around the 2 week marker.

What will make my scalp calm down?

updated by @emily-louise: 02/04/18 04:26:46AM
Neil
@neil
12 years ago
21 posts

Wash them. Scrub yourscalpreally good. If in doubt always wash.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

wash your hair. it won't hurt your babies plus an angry, oily scalp is just going to make your knots loosen up. clean dreads are happy dreads:)

Emily Louise
@emily-louise
12 years ago
7 posts

(:Thank you. I've just been scared to wash them because I can't seem to get a straight answer on how to... how do you do it?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

you can just wash normally in the shower but i like to wash my hair with my head upside down over the bathtub. its easier to scrub your scalp that way. you really only need to wash your scalp anyway. the dreads themselves will get clean from the soap running down it when you rinse. make sure you rinse really well and with the coldest water you can stand. the cold water really helps with the itching.

Emily Louise
@emily-louise
12 years ago
7 posts

Heather, thank you! (:

Is there any certain like, water flow I should change the shower head to?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ignore all other sites and wawsh youir xsreads 1-3 times a week every week do not wait 2 weeks that wuill drive u nuts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

use a non residue shampoo or the baking soda soiak a high pressure massage setting on a shower head will heklp rinse and remove it better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

not really. you can probably get away with a stronger pressure because you backcombed. don't be surprised or worried if a lot of your hard work falls out during the wash though. its totally normal. the backcombing just set up the grid work for your hair to do what it naturally will do. it will all be fine in the end. i promise:)

Emily Louise said:

Heather, thank you! (:

Is there any certain like, water flow I should change the shower head to?

Emily Louise
@emily-louise
12 years ago
7 posts

Thanks you guys. I washed it this morning and I used an olive oil shampoo mixed with a lot of water. It worked extremely well and I'm happy with the way they turned out after(:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form