Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

UPDATE: I may be sick.

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Just a couple of days ago, I posted a discussion about how I may have Celiac disease and how I was worried about changing my lifestyle and eating a completely new way. Well, I am pleased to report that I went to the doctor on Tuesday and had a battery of tests (all which I will find out about next week). I also have an appointment to see a gastrointerologist on Nov. 1st. But, I got very inspired from all of the replies you wonderful folks gave me and despite my nervousness, set out to do something to help myself. The thought of being in pain one minute longer was so overwhelming!!! I went to Trader Joe's and with the help of a fantastic employee there, I bought things that I was normally unfamiliar with. She directed me to rice tortillas, black bean soup, polenta, lentils, let's just say a cartful of ideas and things I could easily make (with my limited cooking skills). I have only been gluten free a short time (this is the second day)but I feel AMAZING!!! I woke up pain free, gas free, bloat free and energized!!! I haven't felt this good in years and I am confident that it will only get better. In the past, I tried to lose weight and had enormous sugar cravings, as well as being starving. With this food, I feel satisfied and the only sweets I have had is some strawberries and pineapple...the other stuff doesn't even hold an appeal. Many of you (including SE!) said that once I felt better, I wouldn't want to go back to my unhealthier ways...and you were sooo right!!! Thank you from the bottom of my gluten free little heart. Once again, great advice from great people <3

updated by @panterra-caraway: 02/14/15 01:24:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome see food is medicine (good food) but crap food is toxic to the system

a diet change can bake all the difference in the world

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
13 years ago
327 posts

Gluten or no gluten I love you either ways :)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

yay!! so glad you found the answer to your health problems. {{hugs}}

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

You said it SE! It did, it made all the difference (I never would have believed it before!). Thank you again! :)

soaring eagle said:

awesome see food is medicine (good food) but crap food is toxic to the system

a diet change can bake all the difference in the world

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Awwww, love you too...thank goodness you are a gluten free, brown dreadie so I don't have to give you up!!! Hee, hee. :D

SillyWalkingMinister said:

Gluten or no gluten I love you either ways :)

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

I got really lucky Heather!!! And we still need to meet up! (((HUGS)))

Heather said:

yay!! so glad you found the answer to your health problems. {{hugs}}

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Thank you my friend!!!! And thank you for the excellent ideas you sent too !!!

ExaltHimx7 said:

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

wow such energy i love it Panterra im hella happy for you! your setting a great example :)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form