Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Four months and nothing happening

Butterfly
@butterfly
13 years ago
56 posts

Well it was 4 months yesterday since I stopped brushing and combing my hair and committed to the dreading naturally process. Nothing is happening. I have no dreads, no tangles, nothing. Even my partner said "when are you going to give this up? Your hair doesn't look any different than it did the week after you started this." And she's right. I'm really discouraged and wondering if I'm doing something wrong or just need to be more patient. I use only Dr. Bronner's to wash my hair. I wash it about every three days or so when it starts to get itchy and feels dirty. I leave it loose most of the time. Sometimes I put a bandana or wrap if it is really messy and I'm going shopping or whatever. It is layered from my old hairstyle so I don't know if that makes a difference. The longest part is shoulder length now so it's not real short or anything. I will post pics if that will help. I don't want to give up but I don't know what to do different than what I'm doing. I've driven around with my windows open. I'm outside a lot, going fishing and allow the wind to blow it as it will.

Please help!!!

updated by @butterfly: 02/14/15 01:26:28PM
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Have you tried the twist and rip method? that's an easy way to get them started and then leave them be.. I hope this helps.. :)

Butterfly
@butterfly
13 years ago
56 posts

Actually, I did try it 2 different times and they fell out after a few days. :(

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Have you tried Sea Salt spray? what other methods have you tried?

Butterfly said:

Actually, I did try it 2 different times and they fell out after a few days. :(

Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

have you tried washing with baking soda? and when you wash your hair don't run your fingers through your hair. what i do is pour the baking soda mixture over my heAD and let it soak about tenminutes. and then when i rinse it out i scrunch my hair up and squeeze to make sure water is getting all through out it and then thats it. its been one month for me and my hair is dreaded already.

Butterfly
@butterfly
13 years ago
56 posts

I used the salt spray a few times a week for awhile but it didn't seem to do anything so I stopped. I also used the baking soda and vinegar in the beginning but then I switched to the Bronner's because I love the smell. I'm willing to go back to the baking soda. When I wash it I don't run my fingers through it. I just pour the Bronners on top and scrunch it up. I leave it on for a couple minutes to make sure it saturates my scalp real good before I rinse it. When I towel it, I just wrap the towel around it for a few minutes then take the towel off. I squeeze it gently, no rubbing, then let it air dry.

I've tried putting beads on the sections that start looking "ropey" but they just fall off. I've lost a lot of beads.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

I would suggest the Bs washes.. Put in some essential oils with it so your hair will smell nice.. SE will probably tell you that it it takes up to a year for the natural neglect method.. perhaps longer.. I'm no expert, just thought at least one of these methods would do something.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when you wash how do u wash (not with what..how) and dry d o you scrub thye way u always did rubnu=ing fuingers through

maybe try the baking soda with sea salt see if it makes a difference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are yiou oily? thats what it sounds like so try reducuing the number of washes a week and do the bs no acv and sea salt till its dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nickberber
@nickberber
13 years ago
24 posts

Hello..Same situation here....10 months from shaved....

not even one knot...ive tried everything...now i use dr bronzers and once a week Bs washes..

i am desperate .....my girlfriend tells me that i have to give up....and my friends become somehow ironic..

well if something stack in my head i don't stop...

I want natural dreads......

And i don't put my fingers through my hair when i wash them...

and i wash every 3 days...

i don't know what to do....

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form