Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not washing hair

person_person
@person-person
13 years ago
13 posts

I have not washed my hair in a few weeks. I know about the baking soda, but is washing hair really nescary?

updated by @person-person: 01/13/15 09:11:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well

washing with shampoo no

but not washing at all isnt too good an idea

your hairs exposed to alot of dirt polution sweat bacteria odors

oils just grime

believe it or not if it goes on too long you can buildup enough grime and dirt to feel its weight

cities are the worse u get a sticky gunk crap grime buildup in no time but then again the wilderness u can get caked in mud and dirt

so

um yea id say washing your hairs a good idea

do you wash your ass?

your body in general?.

maybe u can go awhile without washing but when u do arent u glad u did?

why would you want to not wash your hair and cary around grime

and remember just cause the news hasnt mentioned a radioactive cloud from japan circling the globe dont mean theres no really nasty shit floating around in the air geting in your hair every day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

OMG! Why do we always get people asking this?! What happened to common sense?! So...we dread our hair to become enlightened but lose our common sense!!!!! Okay.....

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

it's bad enough people think we're dirty hippies. lets not prove them right. wash your hair.

your scalp sheds skin everyday just like the rest of the skin on your body. when you don't wash your scalp then those dead skin cells along with sebum will clog up your follicles which can result in hair loss.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

please wash

JXhippielovinpeace
@jxhippielovinpeace
11 years ago
23 posts

No.

Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

Don't get mixed up with the knowledge that the less you wash your hair or dreads the less serum or oil your sebatiouse glands will produce, this is often advice we give people with exesively oily hair is to wash less often, twice a week instead of daily. There is still skin accumulation and dust and grime from the atmospher. You will be feeling this false sence of the less you wash the less you need to wash, if all the skinyou lost by shedding and flaking offover the period ofyour entire lifetime was to stay with you, you would now be the size of a house!

Us dreadies especially need to wash our dreads because that same skin can't escape frombehind where our dreads grow from the roots.

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

YES.
WASH IT.
At least 1-3 times a week! ( i personally wash mine every 4 days or so)

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

YES WASHING HAIR AND YOUR BODY IS VERY NECESSARY ...

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

i wash and always will but i have heard some people say not washing will cause the oils to not allow it to dread but what about back in the day when there was no soap been on my mind for a while

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form