Dreadlocks Forums

how often do you wash your locks?

average joe
@average-joe
13 years ago
34 posts
Yea no hard feelings

Trina Sandress said:

I apologize if my comment seems rude. I didn't see your comment at firsttalking about how often you cleanse your dreads. I just didn't see the reason why you are asking if not for advice or just mere curiosity.

I guess you arejust trying to get a discussion going and trying to get to know people here. So no hard feelings.:-]

updated by @average-joe: 07/03/15 04:29:33AM
ClimberGirl
@climbergirl
13 years ago
6 posts
So I have really really bad dandruff, and an itchy scalp after one day. I put neem oil mixed with olive oil on my scalp (tried not to get it on my dreads) as neem is fantastic for really really bad psorisis. where I put the neem is fantastic!! hasn't been itching! but i've had to wash my dreads a few times to strip the oils.
erutxet
@erutxet
13 years ago
12 posts

Um I wash them every two weeks or so, but before it was like once a month because I was so afraid of having to twist my entire head for 6 hours... but now that my dreads are more mature I know I can just wash and separate them so they don't congo and walk away. So I'll be able to wash them more without freaking the fuck out ahah

Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
13 years ago
30 posts

I used to wash them 2 times a week but now it's summer over here and it gets warmer in the nights so you sweat more easily, now i wash them every other day.

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

I don't even feel gross for saying this: Once a month.

I admit that I do palm roll my locks after I wash them, so I try to give it a month to grow out. During the month I use sproil and some other oil on my scalp.

When I used to have box braids or Senegalese twists I used to wash my hair every two months.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

its about twice a week for me. in between i might do a sea salt rinse. before dreading i was washing everyday and would complain about my hair being oily all the time but since cutting back on my washings over the last 10 months i no longer have oily hair. i'm sure the lack of running my fingers through it a million times a day helps too.

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

In the winter once or twice every week or 2. In the summer about 2-3 times a week.

kat black
@kat-black
10 years ago
2 posts

depends on whatcha mean by "wash." I rinse my hair with hot then cold water once every three days, salt -spray it daily, and do a baking soda/ apple cider vinegar thing once a month, right after I get a hair-cut. ( I'm keeping the sides and back buzzed till I can tie the top back.)

I think of the baking soda one as the only "washing" that I do. what do you guys mean by wash? here's a pic today, right after my monthly baking soda thingy.

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form