Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading the tips

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ya was thinking talkin bout issues not ppl is betteron ends..i love the organic rootlike endsive had some wear n tear on mine since they hit the ground get tripped over wrapped round axels run over caught on and in ecverything ...i lost 8 inch to a foot off mostbut i love how every 1 ends differently KnottyKonner said:
Matthew I agree no need for names

Matthew said:
You're right, they do take FOREVER to dry, but it's a price you have to pay to make them blunted. As I said before, I've given up all maintenance on mine. I was simply suggesting a method to make them blunted. In my opinion, calling someone a negative name is not being friendly. Despite what he does, promotes, sells, he's still a fellow dreadhead, and a brother to all. Just because he did his dreads a certain way, doesn't mean he should be frowned upon. I don't endorse wax in any way, but I'll never look down on someone who used it. It's their choice, and our responsibility to advise people on being natural with their hair, not shove our opinions down their throats.

Anyway, AGAIN, I was simply suggesting a method to make ends blunted, he doesn't have to agree, or listen to me. If he wants his dreads to look, "fake" then so be it. His choice, not ours. We can only advise.

With that said, sorry if I had offended someone. SE is indeed quite friendly. I mean, he did create this, and has nothing to really gain from this. His dreads are fully mature, and look amazing. He's simply here to help out, and advise. (:

soaringeagle said:
johny dirty is the 1 person whos done the most harm to the dready community
and i dont see how anything i said is unfreindly

friendly advice
forcing blunted ends results in fake looking dreads you might as well get a dreadwig
if they blunt on theyre own they blunt naturaly and look normal
but forced bluntness is so odvios and looks fake
dreads normaly grow organicly and differently for every person, which means some hair types will blunt easily naturaly, others wouldnt andf shouldnt
your better off if they dont
i have 5 or 6 that did and they take 3 times as long to dry ..water just pools in the tips refusing to drip out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/19/15 12:44:57PM
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I think that the best part about dreads is that they are all different, there will never be two the same.I have to admit though, at first it made me freak out a little bit that my hair wasnt forming uniformly, but now I've embraced it and I think it's awesome to watch them grow, form, loop, and do their thing soaringeagle said:
ya was thinking talkin bout issues not ppl is better

on ends..i love the organic rootlike ends
ive had some wear n tear on mine since they hit the ground get tripped over wrapped round axels run over caught on and in ecverything ...i lost 8 inch to a foot off most
but i love how every 1 ends differently

KnottyKonner said:

Matthew said:
You're right, they do take FOREVER to dry, but it's a price you have to pay to make them blunted. As I said before, I've given up all maintenance on mine. I was simply suggesting a method to make them blunted. In my opinion, calling someone a negative name is not being friendly. Despite what he does, promotes, sells, he's still a fellow dreadhead, and a brother to all. Just because he did his dreads a certain way, doesn't mean he should be frowned upon. I don't endorse wax in any way, but I'll never look down on someone who used it. It's their choice, and our responsibility to advise people on being natural with their hair, not shove our opinions down their throats.

Anyway, AGAIN, I was simply suggesting a method to make ends blunted, he doesn't have to agree, or listen to me. If he wants his dreads to look, "fake" then so be it. His choice, not ours. We can only advise.

With that said, sorry if I had offended someone. SE is indeed quite friendly. I mean, he did create this, and has nothing to really gain from this. His dreads are fully mature, and look amazing. He's simply here to help out, and advise. (:

soaringeagle said:

friendly advice
forcing blunted ends results in fake looking dreads you might as well get a dreadwig
dreads normaly grow organicly and differently for every person, which means some hair types will blunt easily naturaly, others wouldnt andf shouldnt
i have 5 or 6 that did and they take 3 times as long to dry ..water just pools in the tips refusing to drip out
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
ive seen about 2 good answers to ur questions if you want blunt tips like i have what i did was backcomb them then grab the tips rub them clockwise in ur palm for about 5 seconds then with a crochet hook pull the hairs up through the dreadlock thats what i did i personally like blunted tips besides loose ends so just do what u want
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thats pretty typical1st ya want dreads real;ly badthen you start freaking out when dreads start doing what dreads do..eventualy you let dreads do what dreads do and fom it fascinating and beautifuli say it over and over but ..the things you see early as problems become the things u love the most later on..the more unusual the dread the more organicly beautiful it is ..and uniquely yours Jo McClelland said:
I think that the best part about dreads is that they are all different, there will never be two the same.

I have to admit though, at first it made me freak out a little bit that my hair wasnt forming uniformly, but now I've embraced it and I think it's awesome to watch them grow, form, loop, and do their thing

soaringeagle said:
ya was thinking talkin bout issues not ppl is better

on ends..i love the organic rootlike ends
ive had some wear n tear on mine since they hit the ground get tripped over wrapped round axels run over caught on and in ecverything ...i lost 8 inch to a foot off most
but i love how every 1 ends differently

KnottyKonner said:

Matthew said:

soaringeagle said:

friendly advice

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I was a little disappointed at first with how my dreads are curling a bit, kinda like spirals. But then I realized how much I love spirals. After all spirals are infinite circles. Cycling and cycling and never meeting. Plus the tips kinda come down sharp and slightly bent like dragon claws.I really love whats going on up there and I can't wait to see what happens next
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
personally, I love my whispy ends and adore the fact that they wick the moisture out of my dreads so that they dry really fast! My dreads dry faster now than my straight hair ever did! Plus, when the conformist in me really starts missing my straight hair, I have those ends to remind me what a pain it was! xP
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Bump
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
My month olds are totally looping & spiralling big time after each wash. It takes a few days to settle down, just in time for a wash again. I personally like my tips open and free though a few people have asked why they aren't dreaded right to the end. "Meh, it's how I like em" is my standard response.I'm reminded of some of my favourite lyrics, from tool's song "lateralus";"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.Spiral out. Keep going, going..."Spirals... they can give you a headache but you gotta love em! Didjeridurian said:
I was a little disappointed at first with how my dreads are curling a bit, kinda like spirals. But then I realized how much I love spirals. After all spirals are infinite circles. Cycling and cycling and never meeting. Plus the tips kinda come down sharp and slightly bent like dragon claws.
I really love whats going on up there and I can't wait to see what happens next
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
The ends will dread on their own just like the roots.When your dreadlocks start to form kinks and loops is about the time when the tips may start moving upward and get caught up along side the body of the dreadlock.
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Not to offend anyone but this has been said to death here... Crochet hook is bad for your dreads...for umpteen reasons that you can read in a thread dedicated to its horrors...also palm rolling hardly does anything permanent to your dreads..and doing it while they are wet might not be such a good idea cz hair is at its weakest when its wet...but to each his own....Namaste

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form