Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading the tips

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
The rules do say "friendly and get along WHENEVER POSSIBLE"SE is extremely friendly and clearly it is IMpossible for him to get along with Mr. Scumbag (whom I know nothing about except that he endorses unnatural quick fix methods) who is in direct opposition to SE (and a majority of this forum's) natural dreadlock methods. So I am sure if this guy ever wanted to have a civil debate here with SE & company it would be very calm and productive. Although I highly doubt that will ever happen.Just to clarify Matthew I am not trying to disprove yo or "take sides" I just wanted to try to give some perspective so that you understood the dynamic of this forum. We are all very friendly and open minded, but we all have strong opinions and we enjoy discussing them openly, respectfully, and honestly. At the end of the day though we are all good friends.Welcome brother enjoy the forum Matthew said:
Rules:
"and, you agree to try to be friendly and get along whenever possible"

Lets not get a feisty over one person. And I wasn't saying to crochet the WHOLE dread, just the tip, so you can get the blunted style going on.

soaringeagle said:
legit? crocheted dreads look fake not legit
johny dirty is a scumbag..
vrochetting weakens dreads
u can rub away at the tips and thety might blunt but its pointless and a wasie of time and effort
your better offf letting them do what they want

updated by @didjeridurian: 07/23/15 03:47:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i have actualy tried many times to invite a debateyou will never get him to debate..he will never allow negative comments.. or any info contrary to his liestry posting an anti wax comment to his vids and it will never get postedtry emailing him and you will never get a reply (unless you say your awesome wax is great)is that not the definition of scumbag? someone who intentionaly harms dreads knows hes harming dreads ignores every single person who says he harmed theyre dreads then goes on to claim hes not harming dreads so he can go on profitting from harming dreads?sorry if calling a scumbag a scumbag seems unfriendly..but i think it is very very freindly to the dread community as a whole who if they know hes a scumbag will be saved from being harmedmy responcibility lies with innoicent dreadies looking for truth..not corporate profits

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
You're right, they do take FOREVER to dry, but it's a price you have to pay to make them blunted. As I said before, I've given up all maintenance on mine. I was simply suggesting a method to make them blunted.In my opinion, calling someone a negative name is not being friendly. Despite what he does, promotes, sells, he's still a fellow dreadhead, and a brother to all. Just because he did his dreads a certain way, doesn't mean he should be frowned upon. I don't endorse wax in any way, but I'll never look down on someone who used it. It's their choice, and our responsibility to advise people on being natural with their hair, not shove our opinions down their throats.Anyway, AGAIN, I was simply suggesting a method to make ends blunted, he doesn't have to agree, or listen to me. If he wants his dreads to look, "fake" then so be it. His choice, not ours. We can only advise.With that said, sorry if I had offended someone. SE is indeed quite friendly. I mean, he did create this, and has nothing to really gain from this. His dreads are fully mature, and look amazing. He's simply here to help out, and advise. (: soaringeagle said:
johny dirty is the 1 person whos done the most harm to the dready community
and i dont see how anything i said is unfreindly

friendly advice
forcing blunted ends results in fake looking dreads you might as well get a dreadwig
if they blunt on theyre own they blunt naturaly and look normal
but forced bluntness is so odvios and looks fake
dreads normaly grow organicly and differently for every person, which means some hair types will blunt easily naturaly, others wouldnt andf shouldnt
your better off if they dont
i have 5 or 6 that did and they take 3 times as long to dry ..water just pools in the tips refusing to drip out
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
my main issue with him is that the more people complain and insist wax is bad the deeper his lies get and the harder he pushed it..instead of acting responcibly and pulling the product or admitting its useless/harmfull he went further with insisting its not then blaming all harm on overuse and the stupidity of his costomers who followed the directions exactlyi just went through the dreadheadhq myspace friends list and there were many many who were so glad someone was telling the truth finaly, thgen there were alot that (no offence meant to them) looked a mess and most of those no longer had dreadsout of em all there were 2 who did argue that wax helped them...or so they thoughtyoud think with such a high percentage of disatisfaction and complaints they would respond to them..buty no..they do the oposite(also the vast magority of wax victims seemed to be in the 14-18 year old range..kids who didnt know better)back on bluntnessif your insistent on it.. id recommend rubbing over crochet but both dammagfe ..probably the best way would be tie a knot in ther very end, or stick a bead in that sticks very close to the tipanything that holds em together with the hairs unevfen will cause it to dread fromn there towards roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Hmm... be careful thinking that there is some brotherhood of dreadheads. I think that is creating an arbitrary classification that creates a poor representation of different culture that may have dreads for different reasons. Sure there are many aspects of lifestyle that often go with dreadlocks and those philosophies often create a resonance with fellow dreadheads. However, just saying anyone with dreads is immune to scrutiny because they have dreads will provide a loophole for people to manipulate that sort of counterculture.Dreads are just a hairstyle. They are just a physical manifestation of someones philiosophies and beliefs. Some grow them for spiritual or cultural reasons, some to "be cool", and some just for the sake of convenience or natural logic. What should be examined are the underlying reasons for dreads not just the fact that they have them.Think about people who are skinheads. There are racist supremecist skinheads, SHARP (skin heads against racial prejudice), and also the original skinheads who were african. The mixed feeling around that hairstyle are a bit more apparent but illustrate the point.SE has plenty of valid evidence that this dude in question is intentionally misleading people and turning dreadlocks into a marketable fad. It is his choice, true, but that choice effects others. And yes it is their choice to listen to him as well. But we have the right and the responsibility to judge the actions and choices of others in an effort to form our own personal principles and moral guidelines. Matthew said:
You're right, they do take FOREVER to dry, but it's a price you have to pay to make them blunted. As I said before, I've given up all maintenance on mine. I was simply suggesting a method to make them blunted.

In my opinion, calling someone a negative name is not being friendly. Despite what he does, promotes, sells, he's still a fellow dreadhead, and a brother to all. Just because he did his dreads a certain way, doesn't mean he should be frowned upon. I don't endorse wax in any way, but I'll never look down on someone who used it. It's their choice, and our responsibility to advise people on being natural with their hair, not shove our opinions down their throats.

Anyway, AGAIN, I was simply suggesting a method to make ends blunted, he doesn't have to agree, or listen to me. If he wants his dreads to look, "fake" then so be it. His choice, not ours. We can only advise.

With that said, sorry if I had offended someone. SE is indeed quite friendly. I mean, he did create this, and has nothing to really gain from this. His dreads are fully mature, and look amazing. He's simply here to help out, and advise. (:

soaringeagle said:

friendly advice
forcing blunted ends results in fake looking dreads you might as well get a dreadwig
dreads normaly grow organicly and differently for every person, which means some hair types will blunt easily naturaly, others wouldnt andf shouldnt
i have 5 or 6 that did and they take 3 times as long to dry ..water just pools in the tips refusing to drip out
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
What is going on?! I don't even remember what the original topic was Now the topic is about Johnny Clean... I think we need to remove ourselves from this alittle.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Most discussions that amount to something started as something mundane and the thread of the conversation moves to new interesting things. I like the freedom of open discussion without being confined to concrete topics.Dreadlocks are a part of our characters and therefore all of our thoughts are relevant. If anyone wants to flow it back to the original topic that is fine and if not we can continue an interesting respectful discussion. :-) Izzy-licious said:
What is going on?! I don't even remember what the original topic was Now the topic is about Johnny Clean... I think we need to remove ourselves from this alittle.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
VERY well put. Didjeridurian said:
Hmm... be careful thinking that there is some brotherhood of dreadheads. I think that is creating an arbitrary classification that creates a poor representation of different culture that may have dreads for different reasons. Sure there are many aspects of lifestyle that often go with dreadlocks and those philosophies often create a resonance with fellow dreadheads. However, just saying anyone with dreads is immune to scrutiny because they have dreads will provide a loophole for people to manipulate that sort of counterculture.
Dreads are just a hairstyle. They are just a physical manifestation of someones philiosophies and beliefs. Some grow them for spiritual or cultural reasons, some to "be cool", and some just for the sake of convenience or natural logic. What should be examined are the underlying reasons for dreads not just the fact that they have them.
Think about people who are skinheads. There are racist supremecist skinheads, SHARP (skin heads against racial prejudice), and also the original skinheads who were african. The mixed feeling around that hairstyle are a bit more apparent but illustrate the point.
SE has plenty of valid evidence that this dude in question is intentionally misleading people and turning dreadlocks into a marketable fad. It is his choice, true, but that choice effects others. And yes it is their choice to listen to him as well. But we have the right and the responsibility to judge the actions and choices of others in an effort to form our own personal principles and moral guidelines.

Matthew said:
You're right, they do take FOREVER to dry, but it's a price you have to pay to make them blunted. As I said before, I've given up all maintenance on mine. I was simply suggesting a method to make them blunted.

In my opinion, calling someone a negative name is not being friendly. Despite what he does, promotes, sells, he's still a fellow dreadhead, and a brother to all. Just because he did his dreads a certain way, doesn't mean he should be frowned upon. I don't endorse wax in any way, but I'll never look down on someone who used it. It's their choice, and our responsibility to advise people on being natural with their hair, not shove our opinions down their throats.

Anyway, AGAIN, I was simply suggesting a method to make ends blunted, he doesn't have to agree, or listen to me. If he wants his dreads to look, "fake" then so be it. His choice, not ours. We can only advise.

With that said, sorry if I had offended someone. SE is indeed quite friendly. I mean, he did create this, and has nothing to really gain from this. His dreads are fully mature, and look amazing. He's simply here to help out, and advise. (:

soaringeagle said:

friendly advice
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
I used to *still kinda* have curly tips, what seemed to happen to them was they either kinda overlapped each other when i slept *mostly on the back of my head*or they stayed curly like my previous natural hairor since some of the hair was so thin they kinda just broke off to where the dreaded hair was,I did take a crochet needle of one of them though and blunted that one, I do love the way that it looks and can provide a before after picture to show you that in all honesty it worked out really well for that particular dread, I probably would have done a few more if I hadn't lost the needle and never bothered to replace it, I guess you could say it doesn't look natural, but personally I love the way this one looks with maybe having only spent less than 2 minutes to do it,I definitely wouldn't recommend doing it to many dreads its just that if I didn't the hair wasn't gonna do anything other than just break apart more anyway.but just so that I don't have to respond to my comment about breakage, yep, loose hairs have popped out of it, maybe I even broke some hairs *after all I only used the needle briefly with no real experience* but I left it alone after that and still like the way it looks months later.
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Matthew I agree no need for names

Matthew said:
You're right, they do take FOREVER to dry, but it's a price you have to pay to make them blunted. As I said before, I've given up all maintenance on mine. I was simply suggesting a method to make them blunted.In my opinion, calling someone a negative name is not being friendly. Despite what he does, promotes, sells, he's still a fellow dreadhead, and a brother to all. Just because he did his dreads a certain way, doesn't mean he should be frowned upon. I don't endorse wax in any way, but I'll never look down on someone who used it. It's their choice, and our responsibility to advise people on being natural with their hair, not shove our opinions down their throats.Anyway, AGAIN, I was simply suggesting a method to make ends blunted, he doesn't have to agree, or listen to me. If he wants his dreads to look, "fake" then so be it. His choice, not ours. We can only advise.With that said, sorry if I had offended someone. SE is indeed quite friendly. I mean, he did create this, and has nothing to really gain from this. His dreads are fully mature, and look amazing. He's simply here to help out, and advise. (: soaringeagle said:

friendly advice

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form