Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

We need a "My hair won't naturally dread" support group!

Jacob Laster
@jacob-laster
13 years ago
22 posts
"Wrong.

If the dreads are formed with the friction, how would it be possible that they fall apart, wiping with a towel?
Using a towel created friction between the scalp, hair and the towel.
So automatically we obtain the nodes and they are not untie.

You should think a bit more before saying anything."

there we are, SEi dont think he ment to sound disrespectful, by the way.
updated by @jacob-laster: 07/23/15 03:20:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dude

friction is rubbing rub a mass of hair in 1 way it can create knots rub it anopther way and it cabn undo the knots it just creatted

its not wrong at all

once u got a lil knots u want to compress them not rub them

think about it..wind..wind can create knots right? but cant wind alsio undo knots too?

another example very easy to understand..backcombubg creates knots..combing undoes knots..see the same thing that creates can undo..its simple logic

move the hairs 1 way u create a knot move em the other way u undoi the knot..get it?

once you have some knots u do not want to go rubbing them the knots will pile up on eachother all on theyre own..anything u do can undo it

Vincent G said:

C'est faux.

Si les dreads se formentavec de la friction, comment serais-ce possible qu'ils se dfassent en essuyant avec une serviette??
L'utilisation d'une serviette cr une friction entre le cuir chevelu, les cheveux et la serviette.
Donc, automatiquement on obtient des noeuds et non pas on les dfais.

Tu devrais rflchir un peut plus avant de dire n'importe quoi.

soaringeagle said:

towel drying can undo knots

does bronneres leave it clean or greasy

whenu wash do u wash the whole hair or just scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
13 years ago
48 posts

lol im at one year and i only have 2 dreads and 2 tangles, But ive worn a hat the whole time and hats dont let hair dread at allll, I'm not cutting my hair once in my life time so i dont care if it takes another 2 years even without the hat to dread. but i should have tons of dreads by now anyways. be patient and keep washing, wear tams, sleep on wool ect, if you are the type of dreadies that keep dreads for a few mo - year then chop em off i dont see why those people care if the dreads are natural, most natural dreads are life long, and if your going to keep em for your whole life then who cares if it takes 3 weeks to get a dread. my first dread took 7 months ( with the hat though ) and i havent been discouraged once, Se's right, 30 weeks youll have dreads lol easily if you dont wear hats!

i wouldnt towel dry my hair, never have never will, lint will build up

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
we had 1 guy i helpede by private message he was on month 7 of neglect i asked how he washed abnd dried he sauid he dried by rubbing the hair vigurouskly with a towl so i said ok try ot doing that..a week later he comes back says dude i just made more progress in 1 week then i had in 7 months..he just stopped towel drying he shook it out let it drip dry and it dreaded fast

--
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
13 years ago
48 posts
Neglect does work for everyone, not one person can go uncombed and uncut for lets say 3 years without getting dreads, its just patients, if you dont have it then its just not for you, people always try neglect then give up. like i said, you either are the ones who just want dreads to look cool and keep em for awhile or your the ones who keep em their whole life, if you want your dreads for your lifetime then go neglect, if its just a new craze and phase you like, then just make em with your hands cause the beauty and meaning of neglect natural locks are worth keeping your whole life, its a waste if somewhere down the road your just chop em off

Leah said:
yep, unfortunately we all have different hair types. Neglect dosen't work for everyone no matter what people say.
Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts
This is bullshit and stupid. Grow up and let people have their own thoughts on the matter. Really, if you think your way is the only right way, for everybody, you sure have tickets on yourself.
AciDreams
@acidreams
13 years ago
39 posts

Haha if you people on this forum thin that SE is confrontational or anything of the likes, youre really entirely too defensive. Im surprised everytime I get on here that hehas the kindness and patience to helpthe whiney backcombers with their "problems"

I know alot of people that dont- and wont give these complaints the time of day. Buck up and please for the love of god, anyone that reads this post, realize that dreadlocks ARE NOT MADE. They freakin grow. They feed off of time and patience. Despite the desperate efforts taken to "jump start" or "help", cuz in the end your hair does what it always wouldve. Just Accept It

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

des were u moisturizing at all i knkowthat prevents non afro hair from dreading but u kinda need it

sorta thing cause it gets too dry so its wiry and not movable enough to knot? (guesing)
Desirae Rose said:

If your hair won'tstart toloc up, then help it along. I have the afro-textured hair that is supposedly supposed to magically form locs on it's own, and after 6 to 8 months of trying the organic method, NOTHING was happening with my hair. It was still a loose fro, and I mean other than keeping it clean I wasn't touching my hair AT ALL. I already knew that locs don't form overnight, and I expected it to take time, but after 6 to 8 months of absolutely NOTHING happening in terms of loc formation (but my hair was breaking off), I got fed up and had my locs started by someone, and fast-forward to today, two years later, now I'm freeforming my locs like I wanted.

--
calipark
@calipark
13 years ago
54 posts
sea salt sprays (mine are pretty diluted)... very good rinses /w non-residue shampoo... cold hair rinses... 100% wool...there's nothing wrong with messing with em from time to time. palm rolling DOES work despite some people's contrary advice. take a stack of hairs that have fallen on your pillow and bed and roll them together. afterwards, are the hairs not more bent and textured?
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
I disagree, if it works for native americans, it will work for anybody.. there are descriptions in the rise and fall of rome, written by somebody important, about how the vikings had locks.. and we all know the nordics have the finest, silkiest, thinnest, and straightest hair in the world.. those with straight hair need to just not wash as often, most knots come undone while washing.. patience is key.

Leah said:
yep, unfortunately we all have different hair types. Neglect dosen't work for everyone no matter what people say.

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form