Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

We need a "My hair won't naturally dread" support group!

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
13 years ago
93 posts
Ha ha ha! I think the only way my hair will dread on it's own is if I allow it to grow really long again. Or possibly if I go stand out on my lawn holding a metal pole right now....nasty thunderstorms and tornado watches!
updated by @healingamungthetrees: 07/22/15 05:53:48AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i like how ya want a suport group for going natural but the backcombsers idea of supoort is "give up now theres nothing wron g with being a quitter"

theres nothing wrong with natural dreads taking as long as they take

wether its 3 weeks 3 months 3 years

the fact is 99% will indeed dread within 1 year.. 1 years not very long at all

30% dreads within 3 mionths 29% within 6 months 30% within a year only 1% takes over a year the number taking 2+-3 years is like a fraction of a percent

so the backcombers gave up at 3 months lex at a year but she coulda been doing something that slows progress)

theyre suggesting u shopuld have the ttitude that its ok to give up at 2 weeks when only like 2-4% have dreads under a month

a suport group would suport u by helping u have the strength to go on not give up

to realize that 3 weeks is way too soon for most to expect to see results

a suport group would share theyre experiences and reasons for not giving up

not encourage you to just backcomb and get it over with already..geez

way to be suportive guys

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm we have a poll thats the source for those stats

duh

and yea you are ewho im reffering to your in no way encouraging her to go on in fact your encouraging her to give up after only 3 weeks u did not mention that 3 weeks is too soon to expect results all you did was jumop in to the whole its ok to give up and kick start speil

and yea it kinda is quitting after just 3 months..lex at leasst waitted a year at that point ints understandable cause your 1 of the 1-2 percent that dont dread in a year

btw the numbers were lil off from current poll results cause havent looked in weeks but not off by a significant ammount

a c ouple percent only

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

and brinkging up sea salt and wool is just another attempt to cause trouble like you love to do ..gimme a fuckin break..people wear sweatters wear tams swim in the ocean its life dude get over it

its not kickstarting its doing what ppl do

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
no u havent ..knotty was the 1 practicly encouraging her to give up and backcomb

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i must be missing something here. i didn't see anyone on here telling her to give up including knottysleeves. i just saw people offering up their own experiences which sometimes helps people not feel alone in their hair troubles.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hers did not say nothing about 3 weeks not being a long time all her post said was basickly why wait its ok to just give up and backcomb

it offered no supoport at all towards continuing to go on natural

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

read your own statement 1st off you lie and say some hair needs encouragment to dread ..

then yea u do say if..but the if is not the operative word

the operative words being many more months up to a year

trying to scare her at 3 weeks into thinking she might as well give up cause its ginna take a year

'your post was not encouraging it was discouraging

all you were doing was encouraging her to give up give in and backcomb cause thats what u diod

u try to make tnr seem damaging cause backcomb is damaging

u try to make nefglect seem like a waste of time cause u didnt take the time

maybe ya really shpuld take a good long look at the way you saty things

and your motivations for saying them

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

read your own statement 1st off you lie and say some hair needs encouragment to dread ..

then yea u do say if..but the if is not the operative word

the operative words being many more months up to a year

trying to scare her at 3 weeks into thinking she might as well give up cause its ginna take a year

'your post was not encouraging it was discouraging

all you were doing was encouraging her to give up give in and backcomb cause thats what u diod

u try to make tnr seem damaging cause backcomb is damaging

u try to make nefglect seem like a waste of time cause u didnt take the time

maybe ya really shpuld take a good long look at the way you saty things

and your motivations for saying them

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you are being rude and i never said it was i said she shouldf get suportt not ppl telling her to give up

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form