Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoos available in EU

Camilla Ry
@camilla-ry
13 years ago
15 posts

Well I have been using BS/ACV (no oils the last 2 moths) rinse sinceOctoberbut have found out that it just doesn't work for me. My hair gets really greasy, so much that it almost seems like some of my dreads were just glued together hair. It was kind of nasty to look at and to let my fingers touch and didn't make my 3 month old very frizzy, looping fussy dreads look very well

So I washed it in homemade residue free shampoo a week ago and some of the mentioned glued together dreads fell apart. But my hair really feels so clean and smell fresh so for now I've stopped using the BS/ACV and are just washing in the homemade shampoo every 3th day, and my hair is much healthier and seems to be progressing more, in the right way, by knotting and not by grease.

But I'm also kind of lazy and would like to be able to by a shampoo, it doesn't seem like it's possible to buy Dr. Bronners in Denmark but can any of yourecommendother shampoos,preferablyshampoos that are for sale in Europe/Denmark?

And do you think I can try the BS/ACV again sometime? (i've tried dissolving the BS in both cold, hot and boilingwater)

updated by @camilla-ry: 02/14/15 09:41:45AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ive been thinking bioytr this euro issue with bs and think rthe waters to blame

try adding a few drips of lemon juice or any citrus oil to the water orange oil vemon oil graorefruire oil ertc see if makinmg the water lil more acisdic b4 u add it to the bs helps

if not bronners should be abaiklible there (the bronners site has a store locator or u can order online)

if not try maylees gardens in our shops i think she can ship there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
if your water is hard like mine than it's probably the acv more than the baking soda. leaves my hair slick and yucky. dr. bronners leaves me with a residue too. what about just going to a health food store and buying a natural shampoo. most are made with an aloe or other natural base and a bunch of different essential oils. just look for something that says clarifying or for oily hair. stay away from anything moisturizing. you could also try a natural bar soap. a lot of people like those. i personally can't use maylee's or any of the other bar soaps that others mention on here because they leave a waxy film in my hair. natural/organic shampoo has helped me a lot. you could also mix it with some baking soda for a deep clean.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

here are some of the shampoos i like. i have no idea if they accept orders from outside the u.s. but you could ask.

http://www.desertessence.com/hair-care/lemon-tea-tree-shampoo

http://www.kissmyfacewebstore.com/detail/KMF+1101103 (looks like this one can be purchased outside the country)

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo/122.aspx (this one ships out of the country too)

good luck!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

this one looks good too but i haven't tried it.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo/134.aspx

Ron2
@ron2
13 years ago
7 posts

I suffered with the white sticky mud from baking soda also. Switched over to a clarifying shampoo (treseme iirc).

Working well so far. Can be bought in any store like asda/tesco

Ron2
@ron2
13 years ago
7 posts
Awesome thanks for the link.
Camilla Ry
@camilla-ry
13 years ago
15 posts

Hey thanks everyone

Lot of good suggestions, but I would really like somethig that I would be able to just go down and by, lazy as I am, and I haven't been able to find any of the brands.

So I thoughtI really can't be true that I can't find anything when living in Arhus, the 2nd biggest town in Denmark. So I went down tocheckout all the small shops downtown yesterday, and found some barsoapes in an ecoshop and from the ingrediens list and after advice in the shop I will try them they areonly 3,5 $ (20 dkk), and look quite similar to Mayless.

At Maxe:

Jeg har tidligere brugt urtekram og det gjorde mit hr meget glat, kun vand tror jeg ikke gr med mit hr og ang. det kogende vand s prvede jeg det, netop efter at have lst din trd, men det var som om det kun hjalp de frste par gange. Men nu prver jeg de sber jeg har fundet, det skal sku' vre lgn at man ikke kan finde noget ordentlig sbe i rhus, der skulle vre lidt flere muligheder end p Lolland;-)

Choppah
@choppah
13 years ago
20 posts
Norsk her men tror dere forstr.. Jeg har ogs prvd baking soda/natrium og det trker bare ut hodebunnen min, og har prvd noen norske shampoos men det bare gjr hret mitt glatt og fuktig.. Jeg vasker hret mitt ca 3 ganger i uken med vann og lavander olje og litt perpermynte olje og det funker fett.. bruker en anti flass shampoo en gang i mnten.. kan ogs nevne at jeg sprayer salt vann rett fra havet 2 timer fr hver vask slik, og det hjelper en del... bare vann funker fett..mkay
Jonas Agerbæk Nielsen
@jonas-agerbaek-nielsen
12 years ago
21 posts

Hey hvis du stadig gerne vil haveDr. Bronner s kan du kbe det her :)

http://dreadheads.dk/vask-og-pleje?catalogue_selected=371606_33978#371606

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form