so when can we see your dreadies? :)
hugs

kiela said:
*smoochas*
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thank god u found us when u did or next youd be crocheting interlocking and using that stupid lock docta felting needle and totaly destroying your dreadsmost of learning about dreads is learning what not to do based on others mistakescause just doing nothing (except maybe wash and seperate) results in beautiful dreads.doing nothing tho is hard for most people to understand. kiela said:
after I finsih getting the effing rubber bands out!

soaringeagle said:
awww :)

so when can we see your dreadies? :)
hugs

kiela said:
*smoochas*

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kiela
@kiela
14 years ago
4 posts
Guess I'd have to get a camera, too! Actually, I was pretty close to doing nothing until I saw my friend with his beautiful locks using the rubberbands. I'd read about them and had decided not to use them, but in ignorance decided maybe there was something to it, and tried being a copy-cat instead of listening to my instincts. I could tell immediately that they were a bad move! When looking up info on dreads, it seemed to me that there are a couple of sites (you know the ones) dominating the wavelengths on dreading info and did clue in to how product oriented they are, that obviously being the reason they come up first on any dread-related searches. I'm glad I found this site because I needed the information on baking soda and vinegar rinses, etc.I spend a lot of time doing nothing...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well they wont dominate much longerwe now have a higher traffic rating then themwere slowly getting more name recognition tooand the words being spread to avoid themand that we are the place for great infoso those sites someday will just fade awaysure some will still fall for em but less and less every dayhey if u havent yet see the link over there---> install the alexa toolbar it will help our ranking and u can track how were doing against those sites and u can review ours and theres as well

--
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
Well I read thru this and completely forgot I had posted on here shortly after I started my dreads.. It's been... 8 and a half months and I could not be HAPPIER! My roommate's cousin has dreads I am completely jealous of mainly for her beautiful naturally dark hair. She saw them last month and said WOW they are looking great. getting alot of character and their own little personalities :) I can't believe how time has flown even tho sometimes it seems like they take forever. But when you really just let it be and ignore the fact that you have hair suddenly you look in the mirror and you have dreads and people love em! At times I was impatient but then I suddenly realized it's creeping up on a year! WOAH!
David Amos
@david-amos
14 years ago
1 posts
A hearty hello all the way from france!Just thought i'd post an answer to the thread since i've been on the forum for a while just never signed up or thought of posting anything ^_^The post really is great! its just the way to go, dreads will form and the best thing is just to love them the way they are... unfortunatly i had to backcomb mine since they just dont lock up naturaly, never ever used a comb and never watched my hair less than once or twice a week anyway!But so its done and now i'm just watching them do their thing... washing them with Dr broners once a week, and occasionaly treating them with some oils, with salty water, Started the dreads really short because i wanted them to grow and lock at the same time, i'm also very much into nature, being organic and soothing things with what earthhas to offer!So yeah! thanx a lot guys and i shall be here helping out as much as possible!just stop worrying thats when life gives us the best things! :D
Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
I "made" my locks just yesterday by doing t&r and backcombing. It makes a really cool texture. (like all lumpy. I did backcombing at the roots then t&r and then backcombing and then t&r and backcombing ect.) I haven't used any products at all and I'm wiling to accept the fact that they'll probably come undone. My hair is really dry and really curly so as of right now (2nd day) they are pretty tight. If they come undone I'm just going to let them do whatever. I'm homeschooled and hardly have a social life so its not like I go out in public much.I used to be a material girl and always tried to fit in but after going through what seemed like a million struggles in my life I started a new journey where I just dropped everything and started being true to myself. Even though all I have in my life is my mom and my boyfriend I am still very happy. I decided to get dreadlocks even though my hair is only about 8" inches long because I wanted them to be like a way of catching all of the good vibes& memories. I dont know haha I guess I figure It's time I start over and just forget about the past and just start over. My first chapter being with dreads. I'm one of the least judgemental people and I know alot of people in the world around me are judgemental but I hope they can see past the locks on my head, Or atleast look at the uniqueness and strength that you have to have in the first place.(Letting yourself go) I fear the unknown so having dreads might be a struggle for me but I'm hoping maybe they'll help me get over my fear. My boyfriend on the other hand is freaking out. We backcombed his hair and he's freaking out about all of the loose hairs and he always wants me to fix them, He's constantly telling me to tighten them and try to make little dreads out of the loose hairs. I just tell him to let them go and do their thing. I hope he calms down soon lol. As for others like myself who are just starting out. Just know that if you made them and they start to unravel, Don't freak out. they will tighten and the loose hairs will come together given time. Good luck to everyone. (:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tie his hands up hide all the mirrors go camping deep in the woods where he wont even think about loose hairs

--
roni
@roni
14 years ago
37 posts
Hi,this is my second time as well. love my "baby dreads" as I cALL it (5 weeks).you've made me laugh with your "barby" thing...
updated by @roni: 07/23/15 07:02:28PM

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form