Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading the 1st few weeks of dreading

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well im not 100% sure but it looks like they werent crochetted too tightly so thats good they dont have the harsh fake look crochetted dreads have so thats good they dont have the blunted tips that cause them to dry way sloweer so thats good..but and this i could be wrong on it does look like she was real rough with them theres a ton of frizz (wich young dreads have alot of) but seems more then usial (maybe) wich could be alot of broken hairs..but again its hard to be sire

were they crochetted root to tip..ot only at the roots

when crocheting the roots was hairs just pulled through or the whole dread pulled through a gap in the roots

did she seem to use it gently and carefullty or stab at it quick and roughly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mitsigirl
@mitsigirl
10 years ago
6 posts

Um, not exactly sure how she did it. She wasn't rough, it didn't hurt at all. At the roots they almost feel like plaits with sections of hair crossing over like a plait would? They are VERY frizzy though and feel like back combed hair does. They sort of look like plaits all the way down until the wispy bits which have been left loose.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i wonder if they were interlocked then twist and rip can look that way if not done randomly enough let me tru zooming in closer soo iff i can figure it out

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

hard to tell it doesnt look interlocked idf it was it wasnt tightly so shouldnt be bad also looks like mostly tnr ..i think u lucked out in a few ways she didnt do too much harm 2 didnt charge outragios prices and biggest luckout of all willing to learn healthier better ways.. you have no idea how rare that is ../ how old are her dreads..might be worth inviting her to the site

--
mitsigirl
@mitsigirl
10 years ago
6 posts

I think her dreads are about 2 years old. She really is a lovely a person. I will definitely tell her about the site. Thanks so much for the advice and for chatting, it really is very much appreciated. I am looking forward to chatting with others here and learning more as well.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

you will learn so much here

but the 1 thing that is most impiortant is ..the less you do the better (except washing and separating those should be done fairly often especialy in the 1st year)

--
mitsigirl
@mitsigirl
10 years ago
6 posts

I will definitely be doing lots of washing and separating :)

Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

I know this is an old thread from 2009 but I am glad it appeared on the side bar that I should read it...oh the dread spirit must be upon me lol. I must admit there are those days I look in the mirror and although I know its going to take time I still think ugg maybe this was a bad idea, but the thought of not having them is worse then what I am going threw. I started with the natural method and got impatient so then I twist and ripped the front/top half of my head. I am now wondering if I can continue natural for the back or if I screwed up because all that hair is going to want to get caught up in the already started knots. This is the first time I have come forward with my worries because I am hopeful ...but in all honestly I have been secretly worrying. So thank you for this thread.

/ 20
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form