Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading the 1st few weeks of dreading

Ixchel
@ixchel
7 years ago
597 posts

if you don't separate they can get too fat for comfort & care (difficult to wash), even form a unidread. if you want fat locks you can, but they require a certain amount of special attention (check out babas post on caring for them).

my hair also seemed to lose all progress each wash for a long while, after enough time knots will finally stick through the wash. just keep waiting ;)

Ruben Eli said:

Hello, I've got few questions for SE...

Why would you separate dreads if they start to grow together..? That should make them more fat and unique and you keep saying to let them grow, I can't aree more, so why should we do it? ...just asking :)

And I'm just starting to grow dreads all natural but many times when I wash my hair it ruins the locks and I have to start again. What should I do?

updated by @ixchel: 07/23/15 03:21:22PM
Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
7 years ago
11 posts
Thanks for the answer. the thing is I wash my hair with water only because if I use shampoo then after wash there is NOTHING left from dreads to continue growing...How often would you recommend washing?i do it about every third day..What I meant about letting them grow together is that everyone here now believes that dreads should grow as they like because its unique.and we believe that mature dreads will work their way out to look beautiful.so why would we stand in their way?Sorry for my bad english :)
Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
7 years ago
11 posts
Not sure about shampoo...i guess it's just a normal shampoo :)I don't know if youre growing dreads for spiritual reasons or some other, but I kinda do and it makes me happy and I believe that if you do it for a right reason you shouldn't worry about how they grow because they will grow to fit your personality and be unique...
Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
7 years ago
11 posts
...and should be proud of that.
Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
7 years ago
11 posts
I would take Bob Marley as the best example.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,275 posts

thats why your having trouble regular shampoo will prevent dreads its designed to prevent dreads

and bob has a few congos but didnt have a uni9dread if you dont seperate all your dreads can fuse into 1 huge dread that pulls painfully cant be ashed properly and dries so slow it takes a week and is likely to mold

switch to a dread shampoo like www.dreadlockshampoo.com you will see a diference

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
7 years ago
11 posts
Hi, I'm glad this forum is still live :)I've heard about those shampoos but I can't fine them here in croatia...what do you think about washing with water only? I've heard it's healthy but you've probably need to wash it more oftenI've just started growing dreadlocks and I want them to grow with as less me guiding them as possible and if it will make unidread than i'll have one.. :)
Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
7 years ago
11 posts
Unidread is not what I wish for, but I believe that my dreads will grow to fit me.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,275 posts

the baking soda (bicarbonate) might wirk for you

water only wont remove too much dirt or oils its better to use a dreads shampoo or the baking soda

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
7 years ago
11 posts
Thanks I'll try that. :)

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form