Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading the 1st few weeks of dreading

Elle Gee
@elle-gee
12 years ago
14 posts

I love the natural dread method philosophy! It's like a journey with all kinds of amazing surprises!

Cameron Scott Bainger
@cameron-scott-bainger
12 years ago
4 posts

The original post was one of the greatest things I have ever read in my life, and SE, once my dreads tighten and become friggin beautiful, I will try to find a bead of an eagle so that when I look at it, I think "Hey, SE helped me with this :)"

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow that would be such an honour

Cameron Scott Bainger said:

The original post was one of the greatest things I have ever read in my life, and SE, once my dreads tighten and become friggin beautiful, I will try to find a bead of an eagle so that when I look at it, I think "Hey, SE helped me with this :)"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kayla Jensen
@kayla-jensen
12 years ago
21 posts

this is so me spot on! i have so many questions andconcernsbut at the same time i know that i need to just chill and take it on day by day. today is the start of week 2 for me, so far i have looked in the mirror every day examining each dread not because im worried more because im amused. i can already feel my hair kind of matting about 3 inches below my roots and it makes me so so so happy! altho i do have lots of fly away hairs but i see them as soon to be dreads. when the messy look really starts to bother me i just throw my dreads up in a ponytail and the best part is, i dont need hair ties any more! i can use my dreads to tie it up! so great :) i love my babies and im SO happy i found this site. with out this site i would be so lost in questions andconcerns :))

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

I remember asking you those EXACT questions SE. and now I find myself answering them for others. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha well i think i get asked those questions virtualy every day..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I went to the bar for a little bit on Friday to have a few beers and to shoot some pool. Anywho I had an older lady come up to me and said "I love your hair and how did you get it like that". I told her to just wash your hair but to be careful of what you wash with and to throw away your hair brush. Then later on, some dude said "get a f'n hair cut hippie"! I said thank you but I'll pass!
Having short hair and constant bedhead any more doesn't really bother me much like it use to. My hair/dreadies have the good days and the oh my god my hair's a f'n mess but I don't care cause I know that in the end (in a few yrs once my hair gets longer) it'll all be worth it!

Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts

it starts with oh my god they are getting looser not tighter then progresses to oh my god i got my dreads wet then theres a loose hair or a loop or a bump or a bend oh my god what should i do?
then you rush off to the internet and start posting

haha this describes me pretty well

Ruben Eli
@ruben-eli
12 years ago
11 posts
Hello, I've got few questions for SE...Why would you separate dreads if they start to grow together..? That should make them more fat and unique and you keep saying to let them grow, I can't aree more, so why should we do it? ...just asking :)And I'm just starting to grow dreads all natural but many times when I wash my hair it ruins the locks and I have to start again. What should I do?
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

if you don't separate they can get too fat for comfort & care (difficult to wash), even form a unidread. if you want fat locks you can, but they require a certain amount of special attention (check out babas post on caring for them).

my hair also seemed to lose all progress each wash for a long while, after enough time knots will finally stick through the wash. just keep waiting ;)

Ruben Eli said:

Hello, I've got few questions for SE...

Why would you separate dreads if they start to grow together..? That should make them more fat and unique and you keep saying to let them grow, I can't aree more, so why should we do it? ...just asking :)

And I'm just starting to grow dreads all natural but many times when I wash my hair it ruins the locks and I have to start again. What should I do?

updated by @ixchel: 07/23/15 03:21:22PM

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form