Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading the 1st few weeks of dreading

Green Head
@green-head
7 years ago
31 posts

i'd be loving mine if my hair wasn't so short and in a weird cut, even if i just had a few more inches-shoulder length-i'd be happy, but they're making very good progress i think.

i wasn't going to give up, but this post gave me a little boost that i needed :) ty

updated by @green-head: 07/09/15 10:56:22PM
Green Head
@green-head
7 years ago
31 posts

i'd be loving mine if my hair wasn't so short and in a weird cut, even if i just had a few more inches-shoulder length-i'd be happy, but they're making very good progress i think.

i wasn't going to give up, but this post gave me a little boost that i needed :) ty

Blue
@blue
7 years ago
1 posts

I'm really glad this is here...because I was definitely in the freak out stage and I'm not even completely finished with my entire head. It's scary and wonderful at the same time. I feel much better after reading through this discussion though. Much, much better.

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
7 years ago
93 posts

LOL Love this SE!

soaring eagle said:

i use shadows if my shadow has a dread poking out i feel around to try to find it and rearange it so it blends in..lol

Meg said:
I keep noticing that I often try and 'flatten' down the sides of my hair where it looks the messiest. seems I'm still trying to control the outcome too much! gotta learn to let go, and stop looking in the mirror.
RSavage26
@rsavage26
7 years ago
50 posts
It's hard to resist looking in the mirror, especially when there's one in your bathroom attached to the wall. I don't really freak out over my locs anymore (unless if my brother touches them I f'n hate that) but sometimes I'll give into temptation and I have to start consciously reminding myself that its a journey be patient and relax. Reading this post again has been very encouraging, especially for someone stuck in the 'burbs where everyone apparently has to look "professional" (i.e have appropriate dress code by capital's standards).
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,275 posts

u dont need to use the mirror in the bathroom if u dig a pit in the back yaed and that will teach those "professionals" a lesson too

the food cycle is a cycle.. humans are not the top of the food chain we just removed ourselves from it all other animals contribute to the soil by shitting and dying all nutrients return to the earth we however remove our shu=it ..and presserve our bodu[ies (or burn them) so we suck up all the nutrition but return nothing to the soil

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
k money
@k-money
7 years ago
114 posts

my mom will get pissed if i start taking all the mirrors down, and thats the only way i will keep from looking.

DJ Cumings
@dj-cumings
7 years ago
1 posts

Lol...I remember those silly questions: "How do you wash your hair?" Um...with shampoo.

I've had more than one set of dreads, so I already know to expect them to look crappy in the beginning. SOLUTION: A Bandana

But here's my horror story: One time, the reason I had to shave off my beautiful, slightly past shoulder-length dreads because we went on vacation. During the weekend, my cousin managed to give me a wonderful present...LICE. Now - I was used to a little itching, so I didn't notice right away. Someone else pointed it out to me. Glad it was my sister. Yuck...I couldn't keep all that in my hair so I had to shave them off after killing the lice. I didn't even think about dreads again for a long, long time. I was heartbroken!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,275 posts

u can get rids of em without cutting tho

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
The-Pygmy Page
@the-pygmy-page
7 years ago
43 posts

This is so true it makes me sad when someone wants to cut their dreads because of a little loose hair or frizzies .

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form