Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Rubberbands?

clementine_jam
@clementine-jam
14 years ago
13 posts

I just made my dreads yesterday by backcombing (I twisted them a little while I backcombed to get the whole section). I didn't use any wax or other products, and I haven't palm rolled them yet. I just have a few questions to make sure I am on the right track to beautiful dreads!

My friend who helped me put rubberbands at the root of each dread, will these damage my dreads and should I take them out?

Also, I've heard that sleeping on a wool sweater over your pillow will help your dreads lock up faster, is this true?

One more (I promise haha) Should I wear them mostly down or up during the first few months? I want to help my baby dreads lock up as fast as possible, and I don't want to do anything that will hinder their growth!

Any advice is much appreciated!

updated by @clementine-jam: 01/13/15 08:52:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

take them out dont palm roll

the sweatters good yes

down is best i think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
clementine_jam
@clementine-jam
14 years ago
13 posts

Thanks for the reply!

I took all those rubberbands out last night. I think it really helped my dreads let loose, they seem better already!

I have a question about washing. I think I'm gonna wash them for the first time in a few days using the BS & ACV rinse. Should i scrub the BS on my scalp or just apply it and let it sit for a few minutes (I don't want to be too rough on my baby dreads) When my hair wasn't dreaded, I used this as an alternative to shampoo. I mixed one tablespoon BS with one cup of water, scrubbed it on my scalp, and rinsed. Then, I mixed 1 cup ACV with 4 cups water and added 15 drops of lavender oil, poured that over my whole head, and rinsed. This is my first time using this method with dreads, should I make any modifications?

soaringeagle said:

take them out dont palm roll

the sweatters good yes

down is best i think

clementine_jam
@clementine-jam
14 years ago
13 posts

Thank you! I've heard of that, I really want to try this method of using sea salt as a natural accelerator!

How do you do it? Do you just mix sea salt with water, dip your dreadies in, and leave it in until your next wash? Or do you rinse it out after a couple of hours, then wash? Or just rinse it out and wash a few days later?

Also, I was wondering if you could add some oils to the solution to help remedy any other issues at the same time? I've heard that tea tree can help cure itchies and make your dreads smell nice.

Tim Sides said:

a sea salt spray will help a little too
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

pok to answer both

no scrubbing at all mix 1 tablespoon per cup or 1/3 cup per gallon (about) pour on let soak 10 min rinse then mix the same ammounts of acv (or less for younfg dreads) let soak 3 min (or less for young dsreads) rinse

u can add the sae salt (tablespoon per 1/4 to 1/2 gallon about) to the baking soda or spoonful in a average spray bottle 2 hours b4 u wash u do not want to leave it on

oils lavanders nice but ttree rosemary pepermint are wonderful

add em to the bs too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form