Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Okay...from what I can ascertain, you are in BIG trouble. First, you lightened the hair with bleach from a dark brown/black to multiple shades of blonde...correct? Was the original dark color natural or a color you had put on as well? The reason why the bleach came out "dodgy" and multi-colored is because bleach is a very serious chemical best left to professionals and the results were uneven because your application was incorrect and timed improperly. Next, you decided to apply more chemicals with your blue color and needless to say that because your bleach was spotty...your blue has now taken unevenly and is a complete mess. I hate to sound harsh but after 30 years of being a professional it is hard not to be upset when people assume that they can do a job as complicated as the one you took on as well as myself. Damage to hair is cumulative. Something you do once may not harm the hair in a serious way but with repeated abuse hair can not recuperate or withstand the abuse. Dreaded hair is much more vulnerable to abuse because although it is cleaned with chemical free, natural products it is not conditioned or trimmed. Conditioners not only soften, but strengthen and fortify the hair. At this point, even if your hair is dry and brittle ,oils and softening agents are not going to repair this disaster. You need a strengthening agent to stop the breakage...and trust me, the breakage is going to continue to get worst...not better! There is not an organic, natural substance that you can apply to restore your protein loss. The reason your hair is breaking is that you broke the cystine bounds and inflicted deep structural damage. If you have been using wax I fear that this has also caused the hair to retain the bleach in the internal structure of the hair and if that is the case your hair will continue to be damaged. I don't suggest this lightly...you should cut the hair off...all of it. This situation is beyond repair. Does the hair feel very "stretchy" or gooey or gummy? I suspect it does, atleast in certain areas. And if the bleach is indeed inside your dreads and still processing you are susceptible to serious effects...such as severe scalp irritation, hair loss in patches, rashes and sores...including damaging your hair and scalp so deeply that your future hair growth is in danger. I am being honest with you and I am truly sorry but the hair needs to go.
updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/13/15 05:15:25PM
Ruthyk
@ruthyk
14 years ago
1 posts

um no offence but this isnt a life or death situation lol.

im sure your hair is fine, just dont mess with any more bleaches or dyes and i bet things will look better in a few months.

theres no reason to cut your hair off from a bit of breakage. even if some of it gets brittle and falls off, that doesnt mean that the hair left is that unhealthy, or else it wouldve fallen off as well.

dont do anything dramatic without good reason. i dont see why you need to cut your dreads off...

:) goodluck

ash barrow
@ash-barrow
14 years ago
11 posts

yeah croched them up inside
ash barrow
@ash-barrow
14 years ago
11 posts
cheers for your reply...i was presuming that when i bleached my hair, its was lighter and darker in places because of dye that was already on my hair? obviously the roots were write because i had grown out roots so it was bleaching natural hair. and more gingery at the ends as that hair had been dyed black the most over the years? none of my hair feels stretchy gooey or gummy either..?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

panterra knows her shit but they might be savable

the cricheting the toips could absolutely caiuse the tips to break

combined with all the chemical abuse and all

i would start with wax removal and then ask panterrra about any way of replacing the proteins and doing deep conditioning

no more mistreatments dying poking holes wax rubbing or rolling..from here on out keep em totaly natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form