Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting dreads with 2 strand twists

Aaron Culpepper
@aaron-culpepper
14 years ago
9 posts

ok i started my locks using 2 strand twists and its been about a month since i started them. I wanted to know when the 2 strand twists will start to lock up and the pattern of the 2 strand twists will go away.

updated by @aaron-culpepper: 01/13/15 08:51:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

are u black or white 2 strand twists are for african hair only and never will dresad in other hair types ande 6im guessing u went to a salon and they said dont even wet it for a long long time well thats why nothings happening u gotta wash them for them to dread

and did they use wax or anything if so that also prevents dreading

in short

if u woulda gone natural and never had the 2 strand twists youd probly have dreads now (if african)

if not then in a month or so u would naturaly

either way washing so they untwist some and actualy can dread will help a tion

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron Culpepper
@aaron-culpepper
14 years ago
9 posts

i am black but actually i had my hair done at home i had my mom do it and no wax was used just some gel to hold them i did wait 2 weeks to wash

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u dont want gel to hold u wat it to moisturize onlythey will dread as they move and get washed when they can loosen and rearange into dreads not twistsalso if u got elastic bands in take em out

--
Aaron Culpepper
@aaron-culpepper
14 years ago
9 posts

i dont have elastic bands and i only used the gel one time when i put them in and havnt touched my hair since except for washing do you know how long it will take my hair to take a more matted look instead of twisted?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its hard to guessi would have thought a month oe 2 should do it but im no expert on 2 strand twists at all i know it works by how many use it but i personaly think it looks goofy at 1st and i woulda gone natural myselfwhat are u washing with and how oftendo u have a wool tam>? i bet that wil help the most

--
Aaron Culpepper
@aaron-culpepper
14 years ago
9 posts

i use the baking soda and acv rinse and i dont have a wool tam the reason i used 2 strand twists is because i can wash them with out them coming apart and they do look silly thats why im wandering how long it takes before the change

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

if u went natureal they wouldnt come apart but come together

and im really not sure altho 1 member was told 2 months so we';;ll see i guess

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form