dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

yet another newb

Libby Mason
@libby-mason
14 years ago
4 posts

Hi all.

New to the forum and dreads. I'm 50 on New Years Eve and loving my brand new hair. I'm in Leicester in the UK.

I went down the backcomb and wax route about two months ago. Luckily, my hair is babyfine and poker straight so most of the wax is out and my dreads look like many of the new ones here; fluffy, some loose bits, split ones,loops and quite flat.

I wash it one a week and I'm going to try the bicarb and essential oil method next time as my scalp was flaky even before I dreaded. I have to rip them apart for the two days following each wash and a couple have had to have the connecting hairs snipped. That's made a huge difference to how they are forming.

I'm so glad I stumbled across this site, all the information sound instinctively right.

Looking forward to sharing with you all.

wiflib

updated by @libby-mason: 01/13/15 08:51:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and ofcourse dreadings instintive to think ppl believe they need a loctician or a pro is beyond me and just shows how seperated we are from nature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Libby Mason
@libby-mason
14 years ago
4 posts

Thanks SE. I've spent years and money on productstrying to achieve a fuller head of hair look on my long, straight hair. The dreads are far and away the best my hair has ever looked. I'll post some pics shortly.

Lib

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

cool cant wait to see and yea i agree i hate seeing pre dread pics of me

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form