Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bead problem

Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts

So I have a glass bead in on of my dreads I got last summer, and now it has become stuck! under the bead a big lump has shown up, and I can't get the bead over it. I have tried soaking it, using a lots of oil, and even tightly wrapping the lumpy part in thread to try and compress it enough to get the bead off. I love the bead and it has a great story behind it so I would hate to smash it (let alone getting glass shards in a dread...thats a death sentence waiting to happen) and I love the look of that dread, I just want to try the bead on different dreads. Any advice will help! thanks guys!

updated by @lukey-luke: 01/13/15 08:51:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts

if its stuck then thats where it wants to live leave it till one day it decides to come out

some day it will but thats not for you to decide

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts

depending on how big it is mold could become an issue. If your dreads are fairly mature u cold try soaking the entire dread in conditioner and see if you can work the conditioner under the bead and slip it off. My hubby has a whole buncha dread beads that are never coming off, sometimes it's just impossible but he doesn't worry about it and they've already been there for almost 5 years.

Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts
Well it couldn't really be replaced. My cousin's boyfriend gave it to me last summer when I visited them out in cali. he got that bead at the Phish Pharewell concert back when he had dreads. its pretty thick heavy glass, so it would probably just break into a few bigger pieces, but I guess i'ed rather have it be stuck than broken
Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts
Here are the pics
Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts

I've tried palm rolling it, and oiling it up with body splash, but it ain't coming off any time soon, I guess it'll just live there for its life haha. but Yeah, I'm able to move it about 2 inches up and down so i'm not too worried about mold. thanks for the help everyone!

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts

I don't know too much about oils but what about the jojoba? I've heard it's really conditioning

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form