Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Buildup using organic soap =(

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts

So i have been using Mayless amazing magically effective dread soap for a good while, and the other day after showing i ran fingernail through my scalp and noticed some white buildup beneath my nail yo! (Nasty i know) Its not lice ordandruff cause i dont have either so what the hell could it be? Perhaps im not rinsing well enough? This i am hoping is something that can be taken care of with ACV. The reason i am disappointed with this is because i had thought such organic soap wouldn't leave behind build up in my nappfrican tumbleweed. Has this happened to anyone else?

updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:51:38PM
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts

i can't use maylees or dr. bronners because of the hard water in our area. it makes it impossible to rinse completely. it leaves a waxy, sticky feeling in my hair especially near my scalp. maybe your having the same problem.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

its your waters fault for sure

mayless rinses out soooo easily foe me its rediculouse how easy it is to rinse clean

but hard water sux fir any true soaps only detergents work in that type water

u can get water softeners to reduce that problem u might be able to ask her to make a bar for hard water just add borax to the mix and it will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
What is "hard water" ??
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts

here's some info.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_water

Aaron"TheLegend" said:

What is "hard water" ??
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I think we have a water softer. We add like salt to it and such every time it gets low. It's called like " rain" something

Heather said:

here's some info.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_water

Aaron"TheLegend" said:

What is "hard water" ??
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts

Water softeners you say?Where can i find that and how do i..inject it into my water?

soaringeagle said:

its your waters fault for sure

mayless rinses out soooo easily foe me its rediculouse how easy it is to rinse clean

but hard water sux fir any true soaps only detergents work in that type water

u can get water softeners to reduce that problem u might be able to ask her to make a bar for hard water just add borax to the mix and it will help

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts

I will have to switch off the organic bar if this continues..yet the question is, to what? I would think the BS rinse would not be that beneficial given my hair/scalp type. The naturalmoisturizers in the bar have been good for it. Dr. Bronners i have tried to with mediocre results. Which leaves...what knotty boy shampoo? Good lord..

Rockerbaby
@rockerbaby
14 years ago
27 posts
Honestly, if you're really not upset about using commercial shampoo, I switch between Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo (expensive though), Prell Classic (it's green and looks like mutant jelly!) and Suave Naturals Clarifying Shampoo (which is generally under a dollar per bottle. Can't beat that.) I have a few other dready friends who use these as well who have had dreads for years and have never had buildup issues or anything related to the shampoos. I use Suave the most because it's so cheap and it smells delicious!

Thundersquall said:

I will have to switch off the organic bar if this continues..yet the question is, to what? I would think the BS rinse would not be that beneficial given my hair/scalp type. The naturalmoisturizers in the bar have been good for it. Dr. Bronners i have tried to with mediocre results. Which leaves...what knotty boy shampoo? Good lord..

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form