Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads and Ethnicity

Conner Hannon
@conner-hannon
14 years ago
27 posts

So I was just googling pictures of dreadlocks because I was bored and I came across this article

http://www.onthevergeofdatingwhitegirls.com/2006/03/white_people_we.html

While reading through this article I became more and more upset. I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to me it just further increases prejudice. Why must there be a seperation because of skin color and moreso why does one have to be of a certain race to have a hairstyle. Come on, thats just ridiculous. And by no means get the idea that I am racist or anything I have plenty of African American friends, I just think that this outlook is dumb and further creates tension where tension should not exist. Any thoughts

updated by @conner-hannon: 12/14/18 02:49:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

i hope my comment to them wasnt too bad but theyre all a bunch of idiots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Conner Hannon
@conner-hannon
14 years ago
27 posts

True that I mean everything from the article to the comments were just stupid

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

well juust look at the name of the site and the whole purpose of it its bound to be nothing byut stupidity

--
Conner Hannon
@conner-hannon
14 years ago
27 posts

this is true

Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
14 years ago
45 posts

i have come to the conclusion that no matter what we do as a society, which includes many who are ignorant, it's fear and lack of self worth that breeds hate. so honestly their isn't much we can do as individuals but try to live by example. be as compassionate and understanding as you can and hope that others follow and do the same.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

very well said

i lived in a predomanantly black neighbourhood that was completely destroyed by alcohol and drig addiction and when i went to the heart of the hood at 1st i had 10 year olds throwing rocks and even pulling guns we were met with suspicion hatred fear anger distrust

we started cleaning up the block and rurned it into a huge garden

next thing we know theyre trusting us with teaching theyre kids taking them on trips and theyre protecting us so we felt like safer there then anywhere just cause we were the 1st ppl to realy be there and care about the people and the community and that was all it took to totaly transform the entirte community for almost a decade just leading by example letting love conquer fear made an amazung difference

Mia Elizabeth said:

i have come to the conclusion that no matter what we do as a society, which includes many who are ignorant, it's fear and lack of self worth that breeds hate. so honestly their isn't much we can do as individuals but try to live by example. be as compassionate and understanding as you can and hope that others follow and do the same.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

oh dc is just a depressing place fiull of distrust and ppll there seem so closed off (in general i mean not all theres pockets of light all over) the morning rush on the metro is the most depressing thing i ever experienced nobody even looks at anyone else or aknowledges they exist everyones like locked in a shell afraid to be seen

and dcis like so many contradictions youd be on 1 block where youd go to jail for chewing gum on the sidewalk and everythings spotless the total image of the perfectly run city then a block over youyr in piles of trash and the skankiest hookers u ever saw and the perfect image of a city in decline

its 1 of the cities i like the least

jwashington20us said:

I understand what he is trying to say. As an African American in DC people assume that because I have dreadlocks that I am a criminal because most people that you see on the news are young black men with dreadlocks. No one readily assumes that I have a degree from one of the best schools in the nation. I disagree with the writer of this article, but I understand where they are coming from: they are taking the majority views and applying them to everyone.

--
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts

impostafarians lmao....that's a good one!

Danny2
@danny2
14 years ago
18 posts
Lmao @ that link. Dude that wrote it has a pretty narrow scope on the " issue" and well jus things in general.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form