Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

if dreadings so simple why do ppl think they need a lock tecnician or loctician

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

if dreadings as simple as doing nothing but washing and seperating then why do people think they need a loctician?

the question seems silly but the answers nearly sinister

locticians make it seem that dreading takes a degree and a professional patented secret method (most locticians claim to have a secret technique which is either crochet interlocking or just gluing hair together)

they make it seem complicated so you feel you need theyre services or youd be helpless to take care of it yourself

on top of that they will always tell you your hair needs fixing

you could have dreads that are the envy of thousands that get constant resounding compliments and are healthy as can be but a loctician will look at you and say who messed up your dreads come on in and i can help fix them

the results of this are huge numbers of people, otherwise smart well educated people who believe that dreads are so hard to take care of they will not even wash them themselves

they make a monthly appointment every month and get them washed, retightened and worked on..over and over and over.

dreads are the easiest hair in the world to take care of and the easiest style to create

but we live in a world where profits drive people to turn something so simple into something requiring a degree a liscence and a title..even if its a made up word

dreadlocks are tangled hair hair tangles on its own and locks over time

a technician is a highly trained expert in a feild requiring exact knowledge of the einnerworkings of detailed technical things in general maxhines, electronics stuff like that

there is absolutely nothing technical about hair tangling

but by combining the lock and the technician to create a loctician they create the illusion of dreads being complicated and requiring exact knowledge

not just the amazing ability to misplace your comb

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 12/14/18 05:59:41AM
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
14 years ago
87 posts

I totally agree! They just wanna make that money. I knew that putting a comb in my hair was wrong when I was a little girl and my mom would rake over my hair the an ace plastic comb. After she was done I could see tons of hair in the comb.

I can remember going past this "all natural hair salon" and this woman looked out her window and said to me,"Looks like you need your roots done. There is a really good loctitian in there." I said no thank you. It was just weird! I decided to let my hair do it's own thing.Because I was sick of messing with it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

thats justr the point..they do not know what they are doing...your hair knrew what to do the salon only screwed u

jwashington20us said:

I got someone who knew what they were doing to start. Once I learned what to do I took over myself.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

well it needs more moisyure but you already knew that before u dreaded didnt you?

ofcouse u shouldnt use anything in dreads that doesnt come out easily so u want to moisturize without buildup but a salons most likely going tio bake in gels apply waxes that donmt come out recomend u twist em till they come off tell you not to wash for a long long long time etc..nothing that makes any sense ti healthy dreading

dreading is more instinctual stop combing..if they jioin pull them apart..simplicity

but salons will have you pushing the entire dread through a hole in the roots

twisting them to death

poking metal tools through them

retightening them till theyre too tight to move..

replacing natural tendencies with brute force

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

well u can just seperate after each wash

u can also section yourself by just finger twisting sectionmjs its really really simple and no use paying someine

pinch some hair twist it into a section move on to the next

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

youd have awesome dreads like hummingbird gottilla on here (check out his vids if u havent haha)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form