Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

to cut or not to cut?

Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts

yea I don't know man. I went through a similar situation. though when I cut my first set of dreads I only had them for 2 years, but 2 years nurturing locks attaches you to them. I cut my hair for similar reasons: looking for a new job, drying my hair was annoying and I wanted to swim more. Needless to say I swam very little that summer, ended back at my old job and flipped out the next day for cutting my hair. I almost completely forogt my initial reason for growing dreads in the first place. I wanted long hair and having dreads were the only way I could ahve it grow down. My current set of locks is around 3 years old and though sometimes it gets annoying, I am much more aware of why I have dreads and take it much more personally then I did before. 10 years is a long time, and it culd be gone in a matter of seconds. Weigh the options.

updated by @daveovthedead: 07/23/15 07:05:46PM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts

im glad ya'll felt me on what i was saying, real talk =) and let us give thanks naturalwoman for the bounty that which is grape soda and watermelon lol.

Rockerbaby
@rockerbaby
14 years ago
27 posts

I think if you get rid of them completely, you'll really miss them and end up dreading again. If you feel they're too long, go ahead and give them a trim! Or, even cut them to shoulder length. People get tired of same-ness, so just do something different with them and I promise you won't even remember why you wanted to get rid of them! :)

person_person
@person-person
14 years ago
13 posts

if you like them keep them, if someone is going to judge you and not like you based on the fact that you have dreads, that person is most likly a stuck up, close minded @$$hole, and who care what people like that think.

dan o
@dan-o
14 years ago
3 posts

thanks for everyones reply's, it helps ..good to relate with others in the same boat, gives me something to think about, will let you know when (i think im going to shrtn them)cut them....

Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts

yea obviously, but it doesn't hurt if the people around you not only accept your locks but also like them. It makes people a lot less annoying sometimes.

purplelotus said:

If this helps, I always thought it was your kindness, personality , intelligence that won people over versus a"different" hairstyle. (smile)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form