Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my dreads arnt really matted help?

Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts
i did the tweist and rip method and their seven months old but like if i grab my dread at one point and then like an inch up and push them together u can see through them and like thier just normal hairs kinda braided together their not all matted up what should i do or like whatsup wit that u kno .
updated by @christian-peter-demaria: 01/13/15 08:51:00PM
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
it takes time for hair to really matt and mature, at 7 months your dreads barley just got started
Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts

Davey said:
it takes time for hair to really matt and mature, at 7 months your dreads barley just got started
yeah i was just wondering cuz like my new growth at the roots that dreadid up from the clockwise root rubbing technique are real nice and dready and hard so its kinda funny how the best parts are the roots. i just didnt know if i should take out the dreads up until the 2 inches or so of good matts at the roots and try backcombing instead of rip and twist, at the bigining my hair couldnt be backcombed cuz it was so thick and shiny and straight bu now it can.Read more: my dreads arnt really matted help? - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/my-dreads-arnt-really-matted?commentId=3754945%3AComment%3A321826#ixzz17D5A6pht the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreadsUnder Creative Commons License: Attribution
Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts
it seams the back ones have matted up pretty good probally from sleeping on them , and ur probally right but the problem was at the beginning i couldnt backcomb even not using conditioner for like months b4 theprocess. if u look at my b4 pics in my album ull se my hair was thick sleek shiny and naturally moisturized and like i dont think neglect dreads would ever work in my hair but like idk should i take em out up untill where the good matts are at the roots and try back combing cuz my hairs alot nappier now.

Knottysleeves said:
I'm wondering if maybe you made the knots too tight during the twist & rip (as weird & counter-productive as that sounds). Meaning the hair wasn't able to move around, but stayed packed into those tight braid-like knots. That's why I'm a fan of backcombing over twist & rip... backcombing tends to creates tangles that still have some freedom to move, rather than hard permanent knots.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form