Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3 month old dreadlocks crotchet

Mal
@mal
14 years ago
15 posts
Alright, ive had my dreadlocks for about 3 months exactly now.. i had them crotcheted initially and have had them crotcheted twice again as maintenance (Yes i understand now the negatives of this)It's been a month since i last touched them, i dont plan to again.. will they beable to recover if i just leave them? Im going oversea's for 2 months soon and plan to let this be the beggining of letting them do their thing.. ill easily forget about them while travelling..there about 8 inch's in length, since i left them they've begun to get very frizzy.. which i dont mind.. i know it'll all mat together in the end, it's just after having them maintained through crotchet the last time i saw just how much this was going to be never-ending with the roots never been able to solidly form.Hopefully it's still early enough for them to 'repair', thanks anyway ;)
updated by @mal: 01/13/15 08:50:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea but crochet recovery takes a long time they will get very very fuzzy and the goal is almost reverse dreading instead odf wanting them to tighten and lock u want them to loosen and come apart as much as possible to begin to acrualy dreadthey will loose that stick like hardness the stuffness the brillo scratchiness and start to loop and go wild and dread but can be 6 months or moreits a slow recoveryconditioning some can help speed it up (yea things your not suposed to do with young dreads will help in recovery)once they are soft thety will dreadumm..u might even lose handfulls of broken hairs in the processu mihht not but some have been shocked at just how much of theyre hair was broken right offi know that might sound like doom and gloom haha but its noyt its just a realistic image of what crochet does but recovery os possible just..slowwwwwi think in the crochet recovery group we have 1 whos only been crochetted the 1st day and at 6 months is just now srraering to believe the recovery is working we have another who crochetted a bunch more and at a year isnt there yet (he admits he crocheted agressively)crochet recovery is well a new thing this past year crochet has exploded like an epidemic 3 years ago it was like 1 in 10000 that crochetted now its like 1/3 or so or at least 1 in 10and as far as i know we are the only site actively trying to help in recoverytill now the solution to the damage caused by crochet was always more crochetso those here recovering are kinda pioneers who are developing the recovery skills needed..id massage em with jojoba oil to start loosening em up and then they will start to recover

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mal
@mal
14 years ago
15 posts
Thanks for the detailed response SE, even though it does seem as though its going to be a long process, its definitely reassuring to know that it is possible to recover from it without needing to do anything drastic; ill leave it be and see how it goes,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
join the crochet recovery group for tips on what worked for others

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form