Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bad dreads.

Derek Keaton
@derek-keaton
14 years ago
4 posts
I have had dreads before a while back. I recently locked them up again using a friend, all is well in the back except for frizz and some loosies, but the front is being a pain. It just won't dread up, especially on the roots. My hair is longer than it was the first time, but still only about 6-7 inches long. I wanted to start them now so they mature when it grows. I am white as well. Any advice guys??Thanks.
updated by @derek-keaton: 02/14/15 08:23:28AM
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
your babies are only a month old. Time and patience form dreads. keep hands off...the more you touch right now...the more the knots come out. Your babies are going to be loose for a while. Hair knots up loosens up and knots up again for about a year. Wearing a wool tam helps form knots. Spraying a sea salt mixture on your hair an hour or so before you wash it helps. Make sure you are using a residue free shampoo that does not contain any conditioner. Be very gentle when you wash...don't undo knots. Using BS rinses followed by ACV rinses instead of shampoo will clean without actual scrubbing. Good Luck and enjoy the ride :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the roots will be and should be loose for 6 more months dont worry bout it at allhow did u start themif u used wax wax will prevent dreading so u need to get that outbe patient they take time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
Don't worry, they'll dread. Just don't "redread" or anything. Seriously I TnR'd constantly and the back of my head just never dreaded for a month, then I stopped and 20 days later I can feel more baby dreads being created!Patience and not touching is key.
Derek Keaton
@derek-keaton
14 years ago
4 posts
Thanks guys, helps a lot.I know I just need to wait, just wondering if nappy non-dreads are a usual.And I have been product free. Tempted to use knotty boy wax, but figure I should stay away.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh hell no no wax unless u just wanna chop off sticky gross dreadsthey will dread u never gotta do a thing the more u leave em alone the better they dreadonly things u should ever use is a wool tam or wool sweatter on youyr pillow and/or a sea salt spraynothing elsewax actualy prevents dreads from dreading

--
Derek Keaton
@derek-keaton
14 years ago
4 posts
Will do. Here is a picture of how bad the front won't lock up, the back looks great, but the font is badd.

updated by @derek-keaton: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dude it is locking up fine but its kinda shortwith it that short it will have a harder time lockingand the fronts often harder to lock cause u accidently brush jt back outta your face without thinking alotbut its definately locking just needs more time and length u can add beads and that will absolutely help so will sea salt spraysits just about at natural locking lengthmine when it gets biut that long just starts popping baby dreads all over like magicmeasure the length im guessing another inch will reach that magic mark

--
Derek Keaton
@derek-keaton
14 years ago
4 posts
Thanks, Can you send me exact concoction and procedure for sea salt?And my hair was much longer than I thought before I locked it up, probably could have been more patient.Thanks again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
bout a tablespoon in yoiur average size spray bottlefill with water..real simple

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form