Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

starting my natural dreads

tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
i definately wanna get dreads and definately want them done naturally but im not sure how to do it i mean i get the whole "dont comb, wash every couple days" thing but when i do that (on weekends or when im feeling lazy for a couple days) it all knots and i dunno im afraid with my thin thin thin thin hair its not going to work right, tho there really isnt a right way to dread. any suggestions on how to tame them when they start would be very appreciated.
updated by @tyler-updyke: 02/14/15 09:46:07AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
as they start to form u will see them naturally section then knotseperate clumps as they form from other clumpsjust make sure none are too big (lift 1 clump carefully feel the roots section size that will be the dread size if its too big and another section has hais connecting to that 1 seperate themthey will dread up without effort the only control u need to asdd is to seperate ones u dont want growing together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
thats what i was wandering, i dont want super thick dreads, so this was very helpful. Thanks guys! ill try get some pictures up when they form.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
cool sounds like they'll dread fast

--
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
i hope they do, i need to get some residue free shampoo then i can start, if you have any products you recommend itd be appreciated.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look in your kitchenbaking soda and vinagerthats all u needtheres also an amazing dread soap in our shops here called maylees gardens

--
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
ok cool, ill check that out, thanks again! everyone here is so helpful its great!
gregory portes
@gregory-portes
14 years ago
3 posts
wat would you do if you want thick dreads

soaringeagle said:
as they start to form u will see them naturally section then knot
seperate clumps as they form from other clumps
just make sure none are too big (lift 1 clump carefully feel the roots section size that will be the dread size if its too big and another section has hais connecting to that 1 seperate them

they will dread up without effort the only control u need to asdd is to seperate ones u dont want growing together
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
me and my dad just made a deal, if i wait until Christmas for him to get me residue free shampoo to start my dreads he wont shave my head while i sleep, sounds like a good deal to me cuz im a deep sleeper and i most likely wouldnt even know it happened.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
shaving your head in your sleep is illegal its technically assaultassault and battery are 2 different crimes assault covers acts like forced hair cuttingbattery is the actual violent beattingbut assault covers other harmful actsu can make him a deal if he doesnt shave your head in your sleep you wont throw him in jail

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form