Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread disasters? help is here (new forum section)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok since so many help a loctician screwed up my dreads type discussionsd end up in introduce yourself i decided we need a whole new forum section dedicated to saving dreadshowever lets keep it focusedacceptible topics arehelp im all waxyhelp i was crocheted or interlockedhelp theyre all growing togetherhelp i got paint or glue in my dreadsany real dread threattening disastersnit appropriate topicshelp i got loose hairs or loopshelp my dreads are skinylets keep this section for dreads in dangerdeeads truly needing saving not just encouragement

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:50:23PM
Amy McDonald
@amy-mcdonald
14 years ago
11 posts
Christ almighty. FIRST I nattered on that they were coming too loose - and you guys' smokin advice settled me... but Now.... They are all congo-ing up at the roots, and I really can't separate them.Fuck!So. You guys, I do Not want One Huge dreadlock, that would suck. Suck!Can they be saved? (as dreadlocks... not dreadLock)The webbed congo is about 1/4 inch long and then my dreads are plural after that length. Nope, they won't come out.save me?Xx,AmyP.S Oh. Also, the last time that I posted a problem, I included my email address - some people emailed me off forum and that was Extremely Helpful advice... so, here it is again ---> amymcdonald91@gmail.comIf you are uncomfortable posting on site, but think you can help, email me off site
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
take some olive opilwell 1st wet your hair goodtake some olive oil and wipe or spraty on the connecting netpull apart\if they still dont seperate wiggle a finger or somrthiong under a few hairs at a time and pull up awary from the scalp till they break or pull out (of the dread not the head)keep doing that till u loose em enough to seperatethen be sure u seperate often to prevent that and dont leave em in a tam or tied up too longhaving em tied up for days will for sure cause thisif the olive oil and everything else dont work we can concider prcision surgery but im sure it will

Amy McDonald said:
Christ almighty. FIRST I nattered on that they were coming too loose - and you guys' smokin advice settled me... but Now.... They are all congo-ing up at the roots, and I really can't separate them.
Fuck!
So. You guys, I do Not want One Huge dreadlock, that would suck. Suck!
Can they be saved? (as dreadlocks... not dreadLock)
The webbed congo is about 1/4 inch long and then my dreads are plural after that length. Nope, they won't come out.
save me?
Xx,
Amy

P.S Oh. Also, the last time that I posted a problem, I included my email address - some people emailed me off forum and that was Extremely Helpful advice... so, here it is again ---> amymcdonald91@gmail.com
If you are uncomfortable posting on site, but think you can help, email me off site

--
Amy McDonald
@amy-mcdonald
14 years ago
11 posts
Ah - how long have your dreads been 'maniac'-al? I have just begun my 'pulling apart-ing, surgery' process yesterday.I did *gasp* put rubber bands in them to keep them apart - I figured I'd leave the bands in for a few days and then take them out for a few days... the wilderness is pretty bad in my case. I Did manage to free a few of the dreads, but - sadly not many.Plus.My scalp hurts.After searching many other sites, I did buy hair cutter scissors and decide to try SE's suggestion of precision surgery, but I cannot bring myself to do that just yet. I figure I'll try the bands and fearful glances at the mirror instead.The bands are necessary as my congo has gotten a bit out of control.I *guess* one big monster dread would be cool.No. No it wouldn't be.Oh. Right. And, fuck me.... I am out of town right now... all of this fun occurs while I am in a hotel room.*grr*Xx,Amy
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok another suggestion rake a penci9l or anything simular shape (knitting needle) slide it in under the top most connecting hairs and pull up if u had 3 or 4 hands u could anchor the dread to the head too prevent pulling on the scalpactually u might be able to do it slightly with just 2 by pressing down on the dread roots on eother side with 1 hand and using the other on your makeshift seperation device(btw for future refference i made a whole forum secyion for this this discussion was just to announce he new section..haha)

--
Amy McDonald
@amy-mcdonald
14 years ago
11 posts
I have made a utube video on separating the uber dread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfBloVpUGu8 This may or may not be helpful to you guys.Good luck with this - mine are coming apart very well. Slowly, but healthily and well.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form