Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I got my dreads done in a shop but i have done no maintnence, no products, no wax should i shave and star over or let them be

dillion micheal sherman
@dillion-micheal-sherman
14 years ago
15 posts
I just want some opinions i dont think ill ever shave them off i love them and how unique they are and how pp stare
updated by @dillion-micheal-sherman: 02/15/15 03:01:03PM
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
don't shave em !!! let them be. What did they do in the shop?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how were they dneit totalt depends on what was done to em and how long ago but no not shave worse case is if they really screwed up (which almost every shop ewill) you should comb em out and start over rightif no wax thats a plusbut if they interlocked crochetted ..or gag dread permed well then its worth concidering well dread perm theres no hope u either shave or live with it then cut off the permed parts once they growinterlocked u can pray they dont break i do not know if they can be taken out and redone u could try very carefullycrochered u can recover but can take a long time so startihng overs not a bad idea if theyre young

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dillion micheal sherman
@dillion-micheal-sherman
14 years ago
15 posts
they just backcombed them with a flea comb no perm or anything and they used beeswax to do them but i never put it in my dreads after that and this december 20 will be a year ive had them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
okthen just use the body splash to remove wax and your fine but wax is evil crap and one use can be there for years even the body splash can take a month or 3 to get wax outbeeswax is worse =then dread wax too its harder and higher melting pointit becomes very solid in the coresqueeze a dread howws it feelholdit in the milddle point the tip updous it flop over rigt avbove the fingers or stand straight up a foot defting gravity

--
dillion micheal sherman
@dillion-micheal-sherman
14 years ago
15 posts
well thats good and they just flop over my fingers there soft and strong i dont hear tearing when i pull on them, there not very slolid or hard in the core some are but not many
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tearingas more from crochet i wouldnt expect it from backcomb unless they were extremely agressivebut crochet u will get that twaring sound when u pull oftenid still act as if there is wax in em and u can choose wether u want to try the body splash or the wax removal soapif soap id get 2 bars and use em both up by the time u wash enouigh to use 2 bars u should be pretty well wax free if it was only udsed oncethe thinner the dreds the easirr it is to remove wax tho so id theyre thin u can do less if thick id go to extremes to get wax out

--
dillion micheal sherman
@dillion-micheal-sherman
14 years ago
15 posts
were would i find wax removal soap?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-wax-removal-is-finally theres rthe body splash spray and the wax removal soap at the bottomill say i looked at your pics and i couldnt tell what was up haha i mean they looked like salon dreads for sure but sifter less ..ummmessed up? hahaid say u lucked out as far as salon dreads go maybe the wax removal getting the last of it out will maybe help them look lil less salonish i dunno but for salon dreads they couldas been much worsee nab for sure tell they were done in a sakon but they were not ruined like most salon dreadsmaybe encouraging more naturalization wikll make em look less salonish too i dunnobut at least they look soft and pretty healthy

--
dillion micheal sherman
@dillion-micheal-sherman
14 years ago
15 posts
fersure well those pics were takin within the first week of having them ill post some new one up right now
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form