Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Receding dread line

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
So....As humiliating as it is for me to type this, i thought i would get ya'lls opinion on something. The right side of my front temple scalp has began receding, noticably more then the other side. Its not as noticable given the thick curly nature of my hair, but it is there. The worst part is all the rest of my hair is full and growing well. I am just wondering if this receded spot is going to affect the way my hair dreads or maybe even if i should just..shave my head all together. Any of you fellas going through this same problem? Maybe once my hair gets longer it will cover up that spot? Im just kinda at a loss i guess.
updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:50:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
doubt anyone will notice but who cares i git 1 freind whis bald except for 3 dreads and the fabuloudse fantuzzi is mostly bald too

so it wont affect dreading 1 bitbut since its 1 side only look for a causeexcessive pulling?tie em back tight alot?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
seriously some of the best sets of dreads I've seen have been on balding guys. A little receding at your temples is really not a big deal. The dreads in front will cover it anyway.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
depending on how you wear your hair all the time it may be from traction alopecia.How are you planning on dreading? if you have a receding hairline in any areas methods like twisting and interlock could cause you to loose hair even faster. Going natural would be the healthiest route.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i couldnt possibbly agree moreshew so rightnaturals the way to go and since its only 1 spot i believe it is traction alpecia maybe from braiding or pulling it back tight or something

Lex said:
depending on how you wear your hair all the time it may be from traction alopecia.

How are you planning on dreading? if you have a receding hairline in any areas methods like twisting and interlock could cause you to loose hair even faster. Going natural would be the healthiest route.

--
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
I used to wear bandannas tied around my head alot and did corn rows early last year but stopped doing that awhile back. I have since let it go naturally which i feel is the healthiest thing you can do for your hair. I apreciate the responses guys.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
corn rows coulda done permenant harm but not progressive meanning if u got harmed roots that wont grow back it will not be progressing and receding it will only be a limmited thin baldness at that point (i think)\

Thundersquall said:
I used to wear bandannas tied around my head alot and did corn rows early last year but stopped doing that awhile back. I have since let it go naturally which i feel is the healthiest thing you can do for your hair. I apreciate the responses guys.

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form