Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello! and ok been a week and idk....

Diana
@diana
14 years ago
4 posts
before i bombard the poor soul who would read this, HELLO! Im Dee. im excited about my dreads and excited to be apart of this site!so i guess it been like a week now. but im basically clueless about what to do. im not sure what methods do what, and as much as i want to naturally dread my hair, my hair isnt curly at this length its just smooth and strait, with isnt even to my solders yet but it gets mad curly when its like below my shoulders and can deff dread better then i bet, but right now they wont dread on there own.so i guess a few questionswhat methods do what? what should i use?not all of my hair is dreaded, i have about 5, so what do i do about washing, bc i have the rest of my hair to worry about getting gross. i had to take a shower bc it was kinda gross but even with rubber bands on my dreads, they loosened alot. i dont use shampoo or conditioner.so what should i do about washing?can i dye dreads?un related to dreads, any way to make hair grow faster?????? i cant stand it being shortthanks everyone <3!
updated by @diana: 01/13/15 08:49:59PM
charles hubert
@charles-hubert
14 years ago
19 posts
go natural and u wash with bs/acv there is recipe around ull find out whats best for ya i think we have the same kind of hair im 2 months in and i can see them changing if u cant wait maybe twist and rip others are more harmful but still can do them its up to you and just keep ur hair clean if u need to wash every 3 days do it dont get smelly they wont dread faster and take off the rubber band and something to help them is a loose wool tam it kinda help having a better look in public even if ur hairs messy peace
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
"but right now they wont dread on there own."
what makes you think that?????Read more: hello! and ok been a week and idk.... - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/hello-and-ok-been-a-week-and#ixzz15l5ZlX2Z the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreadsUnder Creative Commons License: Attribution
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok u can too go natural ofcourse u cana baby can go natural2 take the bands out right away u do not want them in there3 wash with baking soda and acv no touching at all needed4 how did u start the ones u got5 only recomended methods are natural twist and rip or to a lesser degree backcombif your going to make em i recomend twist and rip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diana
@diana
14 years ago
4 posts
I started with back combing but i didnt really like it, it make it kinda spungy and they came out alot when i took my first shower, i moved to twist and rip. but ive mostly been leaving em alone now. i did get a head start from the back combing and twist and rip but i deff am trying to leave em alone now and its going well.thanks everyone!

soaringeagle said:
ok u can too go natural ofcourse u can
a baby can go natural
2 take the bands out right away u do not want them in there
3 wash with baking soda and acv no touching at all needed
4 how did u start the ones u got
5 only recomended methods are natural twist and rip or to a lesser degree backcomb
if your going to make em i recomend twist and rip
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
see natural is working fine haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form