Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

questions about decorating dreads.

so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
14 years ago
71 posts

sorry if these are stupid/obvious questions-- they're not, for me, and i'm new at this.

first question is about beads... how do you figure out what size you wear? trying to buy some premade ones but also a guy i know makes custom ones, i can't figure out how you would determine the diameter of a dread. also, when is it appropriate to wear them? (how long should i wait before putting anything in)

second question is about pretty coloured yarn... does tying it around dreads (multiple loops, not just one because i know just one loop would be basically the same as a rubberband which causes unnecessary stress and tension) help loose hairs bind a little better? what i am most concerned about with yarn is how it will affect the hair inside of it drying.. the few dreads i have so far are small and future ones will be same size. and once again, after how long is it appropriate to wear?

updated by @so-wouldve-i: 01/13/15 08:49:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wellthis seti was in the mountains in vermont and went to trade circle found some of the most unique beads i ever sawand stuck em in undreaded hairin no time that hair dreaded and thewy were in there permenantly gfor..6-8 years?a few dayslater added some hair wraps (not yarn embriodery thread or hemp)the embroidery ones fell apart eventualy thre speed wrapss fast (month?) the fanncy knotted ones 4-6 monthsthe hemop lasted 5 yearswraps and beads when yiungthe dread will thicken and thicken so they can be permenantly in 1 spot (beads) or squished (wraps) so u have a long thinstrayght dread comming outta a thicker basethey should be concidered decoration not a help altho thry helphow do u size a beadi find a bead then find the dread it wants to live intake a thread loop put through the bead and put the dread tip in the loop use it to pull through the beadthen push upif it slisdes too close to the roots without finding its home (sticking and statying) then take it off and try a thicker dreadsmaller beads will stick closer to tipsif young dreads move em around alot take em off sometimescarefull of big beads (long) that can hold in water(wraps will dry they also soften with washes)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
or better yet just find things with holes in them if the hole fits then its a bead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form