Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sectioning hair differently before BC

MUSS
@muss
14 years ago
10 posts
i will be dreading my hair here in the near future.... I have chosen the BC method/ no wax and just let them naturalize......( thanks to everyone that has helped me come to this conclusion) im going to section em out randomly but try and stay close to a brick pattern to avoid any huge gaps in my hair.... i was wondering if any one knew if instead of sectioning my hair in squares i would try sectioning a few of em out in a triangle shape and BC them like that how would they look? or a rectangle shape would that change the shape of the dread? and i want a few congos so....... how big is too big? THANXBLESSINGS
updated by @muss: 01/13/15 08:49:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
triangles would blend better then squatessection shapes dont matter at all to dread shapesall mine are totaly iregular teardrops lines round crescent u name itu cant go wrong with shapes as long as they dont have hairs from 1 going into anotherbut even if u did eventualy seperating would sort em outcongoswellif u wanna congo id keep most average 1/2 an inch so the congos arent much over an inchonce u go past an inch they get harder to care for and dryi know u see massive congos but im betting those dont get wet except monthly or lessso id plan on congos not getting much over an inch..if u can help it that is

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
before i backcombed i stopped combing for about a week or so and instead of sectioning i just went with the way it felt it wanted to go as much as possible, i think it turned out pretty well as i have a few bigger ones, smaller ones, i think it turned out nicely and was far less tedious and annoying than trying to section a certain size and keeping it all even and all that mess
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
My sections are shaped irregularly like SoaringEagle's.Your dreadlocks will congo by themselves if you simply don't pull them away from each other.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
my sections now are quite different then the rectangles I had after micro braiding. No matter how you section your hair it will end up how it feels most comfortable. Davey seems to have a good idea, letting the hair section itself before backcombing.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form