Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Head Friendly "Handmade soap" ???? Help??? Please? :D

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Ok....so the BS/ACV was just not working for me. I'll probably use it here in there to get any residue and such out, but I gotta find another way to deal with this dandruff!!!!!!Well to get to the discussion of this forum.....I found this bar soap in my moms bathroom that I took (it kinda went like this).Me: Hey mom, I'm taking this bar soap to wash my hair!! K! THANKS!Mom: Huh? Ok, sure.Well....it's called "Patchouli Handmade Soap", I looked up "Patchouli" it's a herb that to my surprise is good for hair and skin : O << I know right. But there are also other things....which is why I'm writing this.This is what it says on the package it comes in."Patchouli Handmade Soap: Saponified Oils of: Olive, Coconut, Palm, Joboba, Castor, Spring Water, Pure Essential Oils."(I added a few drops of peppermint on it too, because peppermint feels awesome!!!)So...my question (which would be awesome if answered) Is this DreadHead friendly????They have a site....but it's not working for me for some odd reason( www.bursonscorner.com )So, yeah..... @_____________@(waits for response)
updated by @aaronthelegend: 01/13/15 08:49:24PM
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah I was planning on doing the BS/ACV once in a blue moon.You don't know how STOKED I am to wash my hair tomorrow your comment made me as glee as school children at recess!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!Btw, I LOVE your dreads, I can't wait to hit that 2-3 year stage! (Patience is a Virtue)

Knottysleeves said:
That's pretty much the same ingredients as the handmade soap I use for my dreads (though mine isn't patchouli). It works great and my roots always have to be separated the next day, it makes them dread like crazy.

Any soap with those very basic ingredients is good for dreads. As long as it doesn't have conditioner in it, you'll be fine. Residue is a bit overhyped, as long as you do a BS/ACV soak every couple months you'll be fine.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Ummm here is the link to my 3 months. I started with TnR, but some came undone so now I'm just going with the neglect method( http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/woot-3-months-oct-29-tnr-and?xg_source=activity#axzz14zo4fODs )I forgot to smile in my photos xD

Knottysleeves said:
Awww, thanks for the kind words! *blushes*

Where are your latest pics, man? I'm sure your dreads are coming along great. I wanna see!

Yeah, I can only do the BS/ACV occasionally, like once a month now. Too often and it just irritates my scalp.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
jojoba is ver4y conditioning so it might be too conditioning if youir dreads arent mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh now i remember youir thread and they are not too far along at all jojoba will undo alotta progressi use jojoba aloy and it has made mine even start to fray out and loosen on the ends of aloti stoped using it last week and started adding sea salt again just cause they ;loosened too muchits amazing for mature dreads to soften and condition them but for younfg dreads (unless african) it would be disasterous

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah my hair still has all it's curls and such and you can see at the root where my hair is curling together The Jojoba is a small amount (i think)
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
This is after the wash.

Right Side

Left Side

Back of mi head

Front, THIS TIME I SMILED!This is a couple of hours after my shower.
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form