Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why is one side of my hair shrinking wayyyy more than the other?

JennOfallTrades
@jennofalltrades
14 years ago
2 posts
Greetings! My dreads are celebrating their 8 month of life, still babies. They are having issues though. My pic is from about 3 weeks after they were first done. Now, one side of my head is very noticeably shorter and fatter than the other side, which is longer and thinner. Could it be because I sleep primarily on the side of my head that is shorter or does that side of my head just loathe my existence? Any advice is absolutely encouraged. By the way, I have never used wax. Would it be unreasonable to attempt to comb out some of the fat ones and redo them? I hate to be vain about all this, but I need them to look nice (and somewhat uniform) for work and I find myself pulling them up all the time because I can hide their unevenness that way.
updated by @jennofalltrades: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
who cares if they are uneven your work cannoty tell u its not ok to be uneven only u think they nreed to be which is falsebut it is because of how u sleepswitch sides of the bed ande u might switch sides of the head with itwear a tam to bed a tam redestributes the pressure all around to even out dreadingand stop hiding the unevenness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
most people have uneven sides. My hubbys are over 4 years old and they're still unbalanced! Which is completely fine! It's usually a lot less noticeable to others than it is to ourselves. I don't think combing out after 8 months will help much, it might even make it a lot worse if you lose/damage a lot of hair in the process. Human beings are not meant to be perfectly symmetrical neither is our hair. One side's probably locking faster you could try sleeping on your other side but your best bet is to just try and accept it. :o)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea if u comb em oit the shoret fat side will go back to baby dreads and be long an d thin and youwill be off ballance the other wayjust stop being so self consious and leave em down show em off dont feel like u need to hide em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 3

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form