Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essence (Humanity) v.s Discrimination (Ego)

O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts
Well, I can't tell you who's journey it is, besides that its a journey I've chosen for myself. It's not neccessarily about "getting rid" or yourself, that would just be painful lol here, I'm just gonna amputate my "me" lol ouch! For me it's about disciplining my thoughts, letting go of feelings of hostility or judgment or sadness, because for me to feel any of those downer thoughts, I would first have to say that there has been a PERSONAL affront to MY feelings or beliefs or whatever, which is my ego wanting to be recognized. It's more of a shift of perspective, not a getting rid of. Rather than being like wow, so and so is obviously dumb cuz they believe this instead of this, or because so and so cut me off, insulted me, or whatever, I try and pause, and say wow, I wonder why so and so believes this instead of this? Or I wonder what caused so and so to insult me, did I do something hurtful? I wonder if they are sad/dissatisfied with themselves? I hope they are alright.As far as the mind taking pride in not expecting anything back your right, the reward should be in the deed itself, no more than that, no expectations of anything in return, being happy and satisfied with that. It's when there are expectations connected to your good deed that things go sour."I" is a definition of self, it's when the "I" becomes selfish or greedy or bitter or jaded that things become ugly. Again, perspective. When you shift your thinking to loving, also using your "I," your "I" becomes more in tune with the rest of the world, the rest of your "I," and your "I" receives happier vibes. Did that make sense? lol thank you sourabh!!
updated by @ocallaghan: 07/19/15 03:20:05AM
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
if the separation is an illusion isnt MY journey also an illusion? as separation creates ME, and everything i do is within that separation and therefore an illusion
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts
Beautifully put, maxe! :D
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
very well said indeed Maxe....but my question is, i agree that every experience is the experience of the whole but is there any "I" that is experiencing? there seem to b no continuity as "I" in those experiences apart from those experiences itself. they seem to be a series of experiences which over period of time get accumulated in the memory and that seem to be the journey of "I" but as it is there seem to b no link between them apart from the physical body. and in physical world there is no good or bad or right or wrong....its just thought that tells itself this is good or bad or ugly or beautiful, according to its accumulated knowledge which is put there partly by our culture. there is no destruction in nature its just a reshuffling of the energy....its thought that tells us this is destruction, violence etc.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form