Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

anointing oils?

RebelBasshead
@rebelbasshead
14 years ago
3 posts
i went into the spirit shop in town today (only place i could think of to find rosemary, teatree, and lavender oils) and she told me they were anointing oils so i told her i needed them for my dreads and she said that was right but she didn't sound exactly sure?? and i don't want to be putting the wrong stuff in my hair.also i got a little 2 oz spray bottle today to carry around with me mostly for smell..if i remember correctly it was sea salt water and lavender oil mix? i'm just not sure exactly how much lavender i need to be using?
updated by @rebelbasshead: 01/13/15 08:48:59PM
Vivian Dennard
@vivian-dennard
14 years ago
1 posts

You can also try a natural food market to buy oils. Yes, rosemary can be seen as annointing oils, but you are not annoiting anything so I would not worry. You can also make your own oil by puttin olive oil in a dark jar (canning) and add your herbs such as rosemary, sage, lavender, patchouli, and anything else you want to add. Put it in a dark place and check weekly and smell if you need to add more herbs to the mixture. Good luck.

Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Cool so your hair will not only smell good they are going to be holy and blessed :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

u want esential oils

anointing oils are for annointing not medicinal but spiritual

go to a health food store otr herb store or order onlune theres a long list of online shops in the featured discussions

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

doing the olive oil thing wont make esential oils but oil based tinctures or extrwactions its medicinal yes but will be more conditioning then potent

its too thick of an opil and wont have the extreme potency of esential oils

but still can be kinda strong (had ganja oil made that way that a tiny sip would kick your ass for a day or 2)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form