Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bumps and snakes

Connie Puckett
@connie-puckett
14 years ago
15 posts
I'm about 3 months into dreading and after a 4 day visit to the hospital I've developed these bumps and kinks or "snakes" in some of my dreads. I don't know how to even them back out. Will they just even themselves out? I have wondered about beads and individually wrapping them as I've seen some do in pictures, but I don't know how to wrap, or what the process is. Besides, as I mentioned, they are only 3 months old, still babies. I don't want to prevent them from maturing properly. Any suggestions?
updated by @connie-puckett: 01/13/15 08:47:11PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
what you're experiencing is completely normal. It just means your hair is dreading up properly. If it's really bothering you you can stick a couple beads on the biggest loops but they will eventually sort themselves out. I waited till I was past 4 months to start putting anything in my hair because it was changing so much I didn't want to add anything too early and have it get in the way. Remember anything you put in your hair now may become very difficult to remove later.

I hope everything is ok with your health?? Sending (((Healing Vibes)))

Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
my hair is fairly short and I even have a couple bumps in mine I'm sure its just another step in the process ... ooo and I agree with naturalwomyn hope your health is good :) hospitals are never fun ....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they need to do ewhat they are doing to dread dont try to stop it that how they dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Connie Puckett
@connie-puckett
14 years ago
15 posts
Thanks, everyone!! I feel much better. I tried the white man's medicine, (without much improvement) then came home had a few sweat lodge ceremonies, now, both my spirit AND body are strong and free.Suppose I knew that bumps are all pretty normal, but its good to have friends to ask when I begin to doubt.Mitayke Oyasin!Wopila!Connie
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wopila thats a word i dont know..is that the same as donedego (cherokee)actualy i cant even remember if that was thank you or i love you..lol

--
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
SE: YES! "Wopila" is Lakota for thank you! :Dsorry...just surfing around...I know this was a semi old posting, didn't see an answer...:)

soaringeagle said:
wopila thats a word i dont know..

is that the same as donedego (cherokee)
actualy i cant even remember if that was thank you or i love you..lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yay i like learning new native wordssunfortunately some i can spell some i can say i cant think of any i know how to both spell and say..lolwell with a few common exceptions like Mitayke Oyasinahh ok while were on the sibject how do u spewll umm im going to butcher this makpeya gle'gle'icho ohyahte wankamthe 1st 12 i know are off spelling but thats sorta how they sound i believe the 2nd 2 are right or close?i believe 1st word means sky father 2nds rainbowi knew a lil seneca a lil lakota and cherokee not much modoc (manybe even none now my memorty sux)oh actuasly washashe wambile is that close to soaring eagle? (i cant even remember that might be modoc for all i know..haha)i wish i knew alot more

--
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
All I know is some Lakota...not much. And mostly all just ceremonial words from lodge. But I've done lodge for years and learned quite a bit! I'm not sure what soaring is, but yeah, I know "wambli" is Eagle. I also have a problem understanding word placement in the language...they seem to be all mixed up! Ha! I believe that "ohyahte" is translated to "the people" and I believe with "wankam" maybe you mean "wankan" which mean "great". Now if I have any of this wrong I wouldn't be too surprised. It's been a while, and I can't spell these words either! Ha! I know that with Lakota the language is so different depending on where you are. It even changed inter-triabally. It's hard to spell cause when the language was created it wasn't written. The "wa-she-shoo" came in and learned it, (stole it) and put it on paper to the best of their ability. So translations, and spellings are quite varied! Difficult to learn, but I keep trying! :D

soaringeagle said:
yay i like learning new native wordss
unfortunately some i can spell some i can say i cant think of any i know how to both spell and say..lol
well with a few common exceptions like Mitayke Oyasin

ahh ok while were on the sibject how do u spewll umm im going to butcher this makpeya gle'gle'icho ohyahte wankam
the 1st 12 i know are off spelling but thats sorta how they sound i believe the 2nd 2 are right or close?

i believe 1st word means sky father 2nds rainbow

i knew a lil seneca a lil lakota and cherokee not much modoc (manybe even none now my memorty sux)

oh actuasly washashe wambile is that close to soaring eagle? (i cant even remember that might be modoc for all i know..haha)

i wish i knew alot more
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well when u say the people i believe its more acurately the nationmost ppl dont know soaring 1 guy told me it was washashe alaso wankan tonka is great sprot tonka trucks took the tonka name as great trucks the wankan part of wankan tonka is the spirit or in this carse sacredthe whole translation literal sky father big rainbow in the sky nation sacred (yes odd word placement) the more heneral translation sacred rainbow nation it was a vission by a lakita medicine man at the ireland gathering given to rainbow weaver after his vissionquest that included a chantits a shame so few understand the languages my seneca freind for instance was the 7th generation descendant of her clan mother so the cutrrent clan leader (twighla nitche whos written several books on native philosophy) had taught her basicly all the tribal knowledghge that was at all complete which didnt include the complete language (shes learning it now) because so few ppl knew it and th only ones who did were over 80 or under 8

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form